Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

adapters for servo plugs?

Old 04-22-2005, 06:25 PM
tukkus
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adapters for servo plugs?

i wondering if there are adapters for some brands of servos to fit in my receiver.....i have a JR R700 rx and i want to put it in a Sig Liberty bipe that i bought with Airtronics servos already in it, they are 94102's..........i know airtronics servos are compatiable with JR rx and i was hoping for an adapter or do i have to splice on a new plug?

the airtronics servos have 2 black wires that are numbered 1+2 and the #3 wire is red with a black stripe.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:20 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: adapters for servo plugs?

Old style Airtronic servo plugs are not compatible with any rx except the old style Air Rx's. All servos now are universal. You can buy adapters to convert the old style plugs($4 each). The 94102 servos are not that good of a servo.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:31 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dittos to what Mbba said I think servo city may have adapters or you could just splice in a new JR plug, the positive and negative are reversed. check the "old Hobbico CS31 servo wiring" thread for details on doing that.

John

PS The Liberty Sport is a really nice airplane. Just got a new in box kit and looking forward to the project.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:27 PM
tukkus

thanks for the reply's

John, does Sig still make the kits?.....i'm wondering if i could upgrade the cabane struts to something that looks a little better than what it came with.

I haven't had a chance to fly it yet but it looks nice, it's a blue and i believe it's Oracover(i think thats the name of the covering,it has a texture feel to it)....it came with a K&B .61 engine that i'm gonna test tomorrow, weather permitting, and most likely i'll put a Satio .82 or a .70 size in there at some point....i also bought a Areomaster bipe off of the same guy last year and i'm breaking in a OS .91 Surpass for that.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:57 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I could not say if its still in production but can say it was in the Sig catalog as recently as 1998. I can,t tell you to much about it as mine is still sealed in box and is about five projects down the line.

What is fascinating about this one is that it is of the generation of airplanes that was intended to be flown either RC or controlline. It was the 1975 Scale controlline nationals winner flown by Cathy Burnstine. I just may do mine as a Ukie, have not decided yet.

John
Old 04-23-2005, 09:05 AM
laryboy

edited