Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

dual rate offset?

Old 05-04-2005, 07:43 AM
captainpitts-RCU
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual rate offset?

Here's my problem. I am setting up a plane with dual elevator servos and I get my high rate throws where I want them then I set the low rate. Well it seems some how when I switch from low to high my elevators offset maybe 3 deg. to the down position. It's like there is a different center point at low and high rates. I am using a Futaba 8uafs and hitec 5625's into a y harness. My subtrim is at -7 but even when I set it to zero it still does it. The only way I can stop the offset that I have found is to decrease the throw in the down position but this really limits my throw to like only 10 deg. I messed with this for about 2 hours last night and I was about to beat my head against the wall so any help would be greatly appriciated. I have set up many planes and this one really has me baffled.

thanks,
Steve

p.s. I also went in and mixed elevator to elevator in a p-mix and I was able to eliminate the offset but it either limited my throw in the down position or incresed my throw in the up position so much that it was like positive expo with full throw at half stick.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:11 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: dual rate offset?

The most common reason for servos to move centre when you switch dual rates is that the pot on the transmitter stick is worn or not properly centred, so that the radio thinks the stick is being held some distance away from neutral when it isn't so of course when you switch rates it reduces the travel it thinks you are calling for. Call your service agent, it may be that a slight tweak of a trimming pot will electronically centre the stick again, if not return to the service centre for it to be sorted.

H
Old 05-04-2005, 10:02 AM
captainpitts-RCU

I thank you for the response would it be possible for me to try and clean the pot before I sent it away for repairs as I would prefer not to be transmitter-less for the first nice weekend in a month?
Old 05-04-2005, 01:38 PM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Cleaning the pot will not fix the problem. It needs to be recentered.

Pete
Old 05-05-2005, 11:03 AM
captainpitts-RCU

how do you do that or is it something that fytaba needs to do?