Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9C programming problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 05:38 AM
dirtypool
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C programming problems

I just purchased a 9C and it is my first 'real' computerized radio. My old one was an Airtronics Radiant which will go up on the auction block soon.

Anyway, I also recently got an Ultra Stick 1.20 and I want to be able to do the crow as well as couple ail and flaps and also be able to use the flaps by themselves.

The Ultra Stick manual shows instructions for the 8U and the 9C manual is not helping much either. I went up on the Futaba website FAQ and it did not show how to do it either.

Has anyone done this? I have been working on it for 3 hours now and am very frustrated. I had the crow mix working at one point, but when I went to the futaba FAQ, it had me change my servo/channel assignments.

Thanks.

Rob
Old 12-31-2001, 10:46 PM
bugsiegel
My Feedback: (2)

Default 9c

Dirtypool
I was going to create a new thread but the questions I wanted to ask can be answered by the same person answering your question so:
what I wanted to know is how do you guys using the new 9c like the radio? what were you using before the 9c. If you were using the 8 channel Futaba would you replace it with the 9c or is it a different radio which is not good enough to replace an 8c.
Paul
don't mean to steal your thread DP....
Old 01-01-2002, 04:16 AM
dirtypool

Default 9c

I like the radio. My last radio was an airtronics Radiant 6ch computer radio. Preprogrammed mixes only. I also have limited experience with the futaba t6xh in acro mode for an airplane.
I initially had trouble programming the 9c, but when I ignored the manual and programmed my own mixes in, that helped.

I really don't have enough experience with it to give a valid opinion, but from what I understand it is easier to program than the 8u and also has more features/programmability. Like I said, I don't have enough experience with it yet. So far so good.
Old 01-01-2002, 04:18 AM
dirtypool

Default 9c programming

Well I got the radio to do the crow, but I did not use the built in airbrake mix. I couldn't get that to work on the correct servos. How can I tell if my radio is in mode 1 or 2?

I adjusted the atl on my flap servos so that they could not go up from the slider. Will this inhibit me from coupling flaps/ailerons?

Thanks.

Rob
Old 01-02-2002, 10:08 PM
Steve_JR

Default 9C programming problems

all mode 2 and 1 means is the functions of the sticks. Most people have mode 2 transmitters. They are rudder throttle on the left and ailerons and elevator on the right. Mode 1 is rudder and elevator on the left with throttle and ailerons on the right. -Steve
Old 01-08-2002, 07:01 PM
amcross

Default ultrastick and 9C

The 9C FAQ at www.futabarc.com/faq/faq-9c.html has a full FAQ for how to use the 9C to set up crow (airbrake) and other features recommended for the ultrastick.

PLEASE NOTE the instructions in the ultrstick have several errors for using an 8U. If you want to use the 8u and want hte updates you can get them off our site or you can send an email with ultrastick in it to [email protected] and meet our dear friend the autoresponder with an answer in just seconds.

:-)))))

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Senior Manager, Proprietary Services and Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
[email protected]
www.greatplanes.com
www.bestrc.com
NO AUTORESPONDER
Old 04-11-2002, 03:59 PM
wood

Default 9C ROCKS!

Hey guys,

I had the 6XAS when I bought an US 40, sold my 6 channel and bought the 9C, and it is great. I have mine set up to do all the tricks that the US manual shows you. I'll try to post how I programed my radio after this weekend after it is all sorted out.

If it helps, I went through the programming while checking the result on my airplane as I went, by moving the control surfaces. It does take some time to sort out the p-mixes but the rest of the radio a blind guy could set up.

WOOD