Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hobbico CS 80 servo

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Edge 540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico CS 80 servo

I need a big servo for an application that will require lots of torque. Has anyone had experience with this servo. I think the "tower hobbies TS80" servo is identical so experience with that is also helpful.
It has some very impressive specs! I just don't see anyone using them. This servo has some extremely high torque ratings, and the speed is also very very impressive. 343 oz of torque on 6v and .14 speed! Is it really as good as they claim? How well does it center?
My second question is: The servo listings recommend using a y harness to isolate receiver and servo batteries. I would like to use a 6v power supply anyway so this seems ideal. Isn't the receiver still giving power to the servo? The signal is coming from the white wire...right? Won't it still deliver the power through the other two wires?. This set up would make the two batteries in a parallel circuit , with one through the receiver, correct? Wouldn't the servo draw current from both sources at will?
Thanks very much!
Old 05-19-2005, 12:17 PM
ALbert.S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hobbico CS 80 servo

You cut the red wire on the y harness that goes to the receiver. Then you plug another switch harness into one side of the y harness and a servo into the other The receiver has a swicth harness connected in the normal way . Now the receiver receives power from the regular battery pack 5 volts and the servo gets power from the pack that is plugged into the y harness 6 volts. The signal wire white comes from receiver to servo through the y harness like it normally does. The black wires are commo0n to both packs so everything is referenced to the same ground Thats it