Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 06:48 PM
alex_hockey
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default setup

ok i just bought a boat off of ebay... everything is workin except the radio im not sure where to plug the on/ off switch into the receiver do i just plug it into one of the channels or where else? im not sure .... alex
Old 05-19-2005, 03:48 PM
alex_hockey

Default RE: setup

k i got the battery but still nuttins workin ok i got a nitro viper and it has a futuaba attack sr radio im not sure if its fm or am but..the radio sasys 75.850 mhz um and the fcc id is azpfp-t2v 72-75 now the servos are2 airtronic 94102 and on the receiver it says 92777/72 fm then on the back it says rc fm receiiver no. 92777 no. 92875 and thats by aiirtronics for sum reason i dont think i have the right receiver.. o ya on the front of the receiver it says 52 on a little plate which can be pulled out and it looks like a fuse or sumtin thats gootttaaa do wit the current so i got a futuba radio and airtronics servos and receiver ya i think the guy sent me the wrong etup for radio or am i jut doin sumtin wrong?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:27 PM
sandal

alex_hockey, I will try to clear up a couple of the things you mention in your post:

The switch can be connected to any free receiver channel. It doesn't matter which one.

The Futaba Attack-SR is AM and will not work with an FM receiver. AM and FM are different "languages". You seem to have been sold a transmitter and receiver that don't match. Some brands (like Futaba and Hitec) can be mixed without problems, and I think Futaba/Airtronics will work, but they must be on the same frequency band (72 MHz, 35 MHz, 27 MHz etc.), and both have to be FM or both AM.

The little thing with 52 on it is the crystal. It sets the radio system's frequency. These can be changed if you want to (if there are two people on the same frequency in your club). Transmitters should be retuned by service people after a crystal change.

Hope this helps.

T
Old 05-19-2005, 05:19 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Alex if you bought that Tx and Rx as a package then you should make every effort to get your money back. That combination is never going to work and cannot be made to work.

This is exactly why I always tell newcomers to only buy new full sets and avoid places like Ebay. Later when you know what you are buying then fine.

For mixed brand Rx, Tx combinations to function they must comply with the following list:

Both must be of the same modulation type: FM, AM, PCM. You cannot mix a AM Tx with a FM Rx.

Both must be of the same modulation shift: positive or negative. You cannot mix a negatiive shift Tx with a positive shift Rx. Some Tx as well as some Rx are selectable for either shift however most are not.

Both must be tuned for the same band: A band is a group of channels and you cannot mix the bands being used

Both must be equiped with he same channel number (frequency). Your Tx is on the 75 Mhz band and is channel 83. Your Rx is on the 72 Mhz band (I beleve even in Canada this is an airplane only band) and uses channel 52.

Do not spend a dime more till you get some knowlegable help.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:46 AM
alex_hockey

ok ya i think im goin to sell off the parts seperatly and buy a whole new system