Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec 625mg (seems v. weak?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 03:04 AM
Dave03B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 625mg (seems v. weak?)

Hi Guys,
Just wanted some opinions on a situation that has arisen for me. I'm kitting out my Flair/GSP Leo f3A model. It's designed for a 110 4c but I have a 120 2c in the nose, so want to ensure I have an elevator servo that is upto the task.
I bought a Hitec 625mg rated @ 5.5kg. However upon setting up the elevator, found the servo to be really quite weak. With full deflection, i can provide easy resistance to the control surface and push the control surface down. Should this servo be providing more grunt than this? Should I replace it with a 3010 (6.5kg) from Futaba?

btw, am using 4.8v.

Thanks for your help
Dave
Old 05-20-2005, 04:14 AM
dadrivet

Default RE: Hitec 625mg (seems v. weak?)

It Could Be A Bad Servo The Rating On The 3010 Is For 6v I Was Caught Out By This You Could Try The Hitec 645 If You Need More

Martin
Old 05-20-2005, 04:59 AM
Dave03B

I think it probably is a dud. I think an s-148 has more power than this one! I've decided to order an ultra high torque 5645mg (10kg @4.8) I'll see if i can get my 625mg refunded.

Cheers
D
Old 05-20-2005, 08:51 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It’s possible there is a problem with the servo.

However it’s also possible there is a problem with linkage setup of the elevator which may cause a mechanical dis-advantage. How long is the servo arm? How long is the control arm from the hinge center line to the pivot point of the linkage attachment?

Other things that might contribute are battery power, poor quality servo connections and extensions with high resistance in play.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:17 AM
Dave03B

Hi Michael,

Funny isn't how stupid I can be to simply overlook such a plane and simple problem that could have caused devastating effects. It seems that the reason for such apparant "weakness" was not the fault of the servo, or indeed the linkages, but the 2mm thick ply mounting plate. It was distorting with every movement the servo made. I've re enforced the plate now and am pleased to report no more problems. HITEC SERVO IS NOT A DUD! They are great servos for all those with doubts!

Thanks for the help guys.
Dave