Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

GWS CRYSTAL CHANGING QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 09:40 PM
propjobbill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS CRYSTAL CHANGING QUESTION

What i need to know is wide of a range change can you make when changing crystals on GWS Transmitters. I bought one from balsa products makes for channel 20 at an air show in Toledo when they ask me what channel I wanted the crystals for I said 14. after opening the box i seen it was marked for channel 20, I think it will work fine but I haven't flow it yet. I was told that with Futaba you can go to a close channel (example 40 to 39 or 41 without having to send the transmitter in to the factory for retuning.

I was told that with some other equipment makers this is not so important. I was told you could change any of the low band from 11=35 and high range 36=60 on the receiver without any problems as long as you stayed in the band for receivers so It seem like you can do changes on receivers a lot more liberal than on transmitters. Can anyone give me the specifics on the GWS systems when it comes to changing the crystals?

Thanks so much for your reply and for looking at the post.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:48 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWS CRYSTAL CHANGING QUESTION

It is illegal to change transmitter crystals in the US. Some high-end transmitters (e.g. JR 10X) have an entire frequency module that you can replace. But there is no legal way to change just the crystal.