Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Converting to JR questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 01:22 AM
Bob101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting to JR questions...

Probably get this a lot but here goes (no one at my field flies JR or I'd ask them).

Looking at a 10X (coming from Futaba)...

Since the 10X comes in air or heli as separate radios can the throttle detents on the air version be removed - especially by an end user or would that have to go in for service. I've always flown an "air" radio on a smooth throttle and would miss it. If not end user adjustable can I have it done at the time of ordering?

PCM differences. Just browsing the catalogs and the websites I see references to different versions of PCM (ZPCM, SPCM etc...) what is the difference? Is this similar to Futaba's old 512 resolution and the new 1024 ones?

Thanks for the help in advance. I downloaded the manual and read it for the 10X and got a lot of answers there but maybe I missed those 2.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:42 AM
Imac Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Converting to JR questions...

First of all you can fit the Heli slider throttle plate from any of the JR transmitters to give you the smooth throttle.

SPCM suits all current JR PCM receivers and is 1024 resolution.

This is a great radio, I have had my 10X for 4 years and love the features. Before I upgraded I checked around my area and found Frazer Briggs among others use the 10X and he has helped me set up a few models since I purchased the 10X.

Good luck with your decision.