Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Need transmitter and Xtals for FP-R2GS receiver HELP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need transmitter and Xtals for FP-R2GS receiver HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 10:57 AM
meowy84

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need transmitter and Xtals for FP-R2GS receiver HELP

I'm an boob when it comes to electronics and need some advice. I recently aquired an older (has the old Futaba connectors) but new and never used Futaba FP-R2GS 2-channel receiver in a car purchase and am looking to get a transmitter and crystals for it (most likely on ebay). Where do I start? Do I have to get a Futaba Tx or can I get another manufacturer's Tx such as a Hitec, JR etc? Essentially what I'm asking is are all of the Tx's and Rx's compatible as long as you have matching crystals or do I need to worry about the whole AM vs. FM thing and other compatibility issues. Also, any tips on what type of crystals to get (i.e. frequency and the like)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:12 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need transmitter and Xtals for FP-R2GS receiver HELP

Unless I'm mistaken, what you've got is an old AM wide band receiver that was discontinued 4/85. I got this information from: http://www.futabarc.com/radioaccys/old-receivers.html . While there are no rules saying you can't use a wide band receiver, it's not selective enough to play well with current frequency spacing.

I suggest buying a new 2 channel setup. You can get them starting at around $50-60. This will include a transmitter, receiver, 1 or 2 servos, switch, etc.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:02 PM
meowy84

Ah, that's the thing I was afraid of. Thanks for the info Chuck.

Chris
Old 06-15-2005, 07:22 PM
losinground
My Feedback: (2)

how long is your antenna on that rx? I have the same one but the antenna has been broken off near the base. I am installing it in an old school kyosho.

Thanks,Dan
Old 06-15-2005, 09:17 PM
meowy84

Dan, I can't measure it right now but I think the antenna is the original length since the receiver is brand new and never used.

However I'm not sure what I'll end up doing. I'm more leaning toward getting a complete new system instead of playing around with that receiver since by the time I get the Tx and the crystals I'll only be a few $$ away from getting a complete new system from top to bottom including servos.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:13 PM
Kristov

Default FP-R2GS reciever.

Hi. Did you give up on your FP-R2GS reciever.
If you did would you consider selling it and posting to NZ
Cheers, Chris
Old 09-08-2021, 02:03 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Kristov
Hi. Did you give up on your FP-R2GS reciever.
If you did would you consider selling it and posting to NZ
Cheers, Chris
Hi Chris, Welcome to RCU.
Just curious, did you look at the date of the post your responding to? The last post in this thread was 16 years ago, in all this time past I'd be willing to bet that RX is by now long gone. Perhaps posting a "wanted" ad might turn one up....