Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 05:24 PM
nealt870
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Connectors

I have a new project going and would like to build everything from scratch. Does anyone know where I can get Futaba Servo connectors in bulk. What I have found is that you can get 4 ends for $5.00. I may as well buy the extensions and Y's pre made. I would like to find the connectors in bulk (50 or 100 in a box) so that I can make all my ext.'s and Y's myself without paying twice what premade wiring cost.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:58 PM
BCer-RCer

Default RE: Servo Connectors

The place I ordered my connectors from was Dymond Modelsports Ltd. in California. They don't sell in bulk lots of 50 or 100, but there sets of 10 male or female connectors cost only $5.00 each. The sets consist of the housing and 30 gold plated contacts. There web site is http://www.rc-dymond.com/order_cables.htm
Hope this helps. Jim
Old 06-05-2005, 09:24 PM
nealt870
My Feedback: (3)

I appreciate your help! I contacted them today and am waiting for a reply.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:31 AM
Phil Cole

You can use Molex SL series receptacles and female contacts.

3-pos fem. housing 50-57-9003
gold over tin female contacts 22-24 AWG 16-02-1125

These mate with the headers found in RC receivers. You don't get the polarizing features on the housings. There are also version with latches so you don't have to bother with bits of floss or those plastic clip things.

Get them from www.digikey.com. They sell in small quantities.

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T052/0102.pdf
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T052/0101.pdf

Once you figure out what part numbers you need, enter it into the search box at www.digikey.com.

You can also use AMP MTE series connectors. The are very similar, but the latching mechanisms of the two brands don't interwork.

You'll need a crimper. The cheap one (63811-1000) works OK with some practice, and you need separate operations to crimp the wire and the insulation support. The expensive crimpers make perfect crimps first time every time in one operation.