Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 149DP w/ 9CAP no respond!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 07:40 PM
yankee1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 149DP w/ 9CAP no respond!

Just bought a Futaba 149DP on 41 and I am using a 9CAP. The reciever doesn't seem to be responding in PCM or PPM modulation. Once in a while I get a small, very small buzz from my elevator servos. I take the crystal and put it in my 127DF and on PPM it works fine like it should.

The 149DP has two 2300 Li-Ions running through two MPI switches w/ 6v regulators. The power going to the reciever isn't Y'd. Curious what I am doing wrong.

I don't have any FailSafe going on. There must be something I am missing.

Yankee1
Old 06-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: Futaba 149DP w/ 9CAP no respond!

You dont say if you switch your Transmittert over to pcm when you try the 149. Plus you need to cycle the power to make the change. Is it possible its still in ppm?? and not pcm, if so the reciever will do nothin!
Old 06-05-2005, 02:48 AM
Hughes500E
My Feedback: (16)

Very sound and proven setup you have.
Like above, set the radio up for PCM and then turn the radio off, wait 2 secs and then power the radio back up!

Old 06-05-2005, 08:10 AM
yankee1
My Feedback: (1)

Thank for the quick replies. I did make sure I was in PCM and still nothing. Wondering if maybe there is a problem w/ the RX. Is there a HOLD function the reciever can go in that I need to reset? Is there difference w/ the voltage usage between a FM RX and a PCM RX?

Thanks,
Yank
Old 06-05-2005, 09:08 AM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Yank

There is no difference in the voltage needed for PCM & PPM. It seems that you either have a dud PCM RX or your TX is faulty. Try to eliminate this by asking a fellow flyer that uses Futaba to test using his TX. If all else fails, send the unit back, if new or send to a service center.

Safe Flying!
Old 06-19-2005, 01:00 PM
WaPilot

I have a Hitec Eclipse 7 and my radio have a function where you can shift the receiver function to P or N. just a thuoght....
Old 06-19-2005, 10:52 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: WaPilot

I have a Hitec Eclipse 7 and my radio have a function where you can shift the receiver function to P or N. just a thuoght....
this does not apply here as futaba radios does not have shift selectability. All of futaba's gear is negative shift. Hitech transmitters can be set to positive shift to work with jr and airtronics gear.