Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Need Help on Old Airtronics Servos

I have some old airtronics servos and need to get some information on them, specifically torque etc. The servos are 94394 and 94554. I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Matthew

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Need Help on Old Airtronics Servos

I can't help you I'm afraid, but you could try sending an email to the Airtronics customer service folks(www.airtronics.net)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mathew,
    I have some older Airtronics Catalogs all the way back to 1988 and none of my stuff lists those two servos. Are you sure about the model numbers ? 94554 seems to be a micro servo of some kind since there are servo numbers around it 94555, 94556, 94557.
    94394 is a mystery. I asked Airtronics once about 94510 their old 1/4 scale servo and they have no specs for it since they quit making it over 15 years ago, they repaired it but no data on it.

Good Luck

Johnny
    I ran out of Altitude, Airspeed and Ideas !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the help guys. I'll check the numbers and give Airtronics an e-mail.

Thanks,

Matthew

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I seem to recall that the 94394 servos were what came with the Championship radios in the early/mid 80's. Basically equivalent to today's 102 sport servo except way slower and less precise. Probably around 50 in/oz but I don't have a spec sheet to prove it.

Don't know anything about the 554.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thud Driver is correct as the 94394 servos are what came with my Chanpionship radio in 1985. After a couple dozen flights they had a lot of gear slop and like he said they were as slow as molasses on a cold day. Don't know anything about the 554's though.......RJ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, this is testing my memory. MDK, are the 94554s standard size servos (about the same size as the 394s)? I'm pretty sure these were the high performance pattern servo that Airtronics made about 20 years ago. They were ball bearing, coreless motor servos. The torque was quite high for a regular sized servo. I think around 80 oz.-in. If I'm thinking of the correct servos, I sold several just half a year or so ago on ebay and I had the specs for them. I'll see if I can dig up something.

Ken

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Referring to my 1983 Airtronics catalog for the Championship series radios, reference is made to the 94554 servo as follows: Competition Servo featuring modular brass geartrain, isolated potentiometer drive, carbon pot wiper and ball bearing supported output shaft. The 94554 has a coreless motor for increased torgue and faster transit time.
    Andrew