Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 3010 servos

Old 06-13-2005, 06:07 AM
jlkonn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 3010 servos

I'm just getting back in to the hobby after a 20 year abscence.
I was looking at some servos on one of the websites and a statement was made that these servos may draw high current and to be sure you can deliver 2 amps.
My question is what is the rule of thumb for battery capacity for this kind of current draw and what would it be for multiple servos of this type?
Thanks!
JLK
Old 06-13-2005, 12:23 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 3010 servos

I guess it depends how many you have on one plane. You should in general use a battery with low internal imperdence. That means that the battery should be able to supply high discharge currents (2 amps or greater). Just make sure that you check with the battery mfg what max discharge current is can handle. NoBS batteries (Hangtime Hobbies) publish internal impedence numbers on their website. You can also e-mail them with recommendations. Just stay away from NiMh packs that have a 20 m-ohm or higher internal impedence. The ones with 5 m-ohm are a better choice. This goes for any high torque or digital servo. NiCd usually have low internal impedence but not all of them. Many people have gotten away without any problems at all so if you are just using them for a Warbird, I wouldn't be too concerned. If you have 4 or 5 at very high rates, it could be an issue. It all depends on your setup.