Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex radio's 9 and 12 channel

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 10:00 PM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex radio's 9 and 12 channel

Hi All
I am thinking of getting a Multiplex radio, 9 or 12 channel.

For the people who have them, how do you like them?

And is programming and general use easy to live with?

Thanks in advance

Bill
Old 06-24-2005, 03:03 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Multiplex radio's 9 and 12 channel

Which Multiplex radio are you asking about? They make more than one 9 and 12 channel radios!

I will guess that you are asking about the Royal Evo. It is very easy to program but only after you have pressed the memory dump button in your brain about how to program model radios. Futaba/JR/Hitec/Aitronics all use the same programming method. Multiplex uses a totally different method and problems only arise when some people can't get out of Japanese radio thinking. The Multiplex software is much more open, clearly defined and logical. It copes more easily with complex situations.

The Royal Evo's main drawback is that expo is not switchable on and off in flight and that it is the same value across all 4 flight modes, this is a serious problem for some power 3D fliers, though a sort of second expo value can be done by the mixers. The other minor niggle is that flight modes are fixed at a soft transition of 1/2 or 1 second (can't remember which!) and again power 3d fliers often need instant changes to modes.

I flew with Futaba and JR since the mid 1970s, got my first Multiplex in 1999 and would never go back to a Japanese radio until they copy the Multiplex method.

H.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:17 PM
jorvflowers

I have not figured out how to post a new item on RC universe so I am asking my question here. As you can tell I am a new member. Even though I am logged in when I try to create a new post it tells me I have to login and then does not log me in.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

What brand of servos will work with the Multiplex Royal Evo 12 syn transmitter and receiver?

RC Universe is awesome and the members are friendly and helpful.

Thanks
Jim
Old 02-05-2006, 01:40 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: jflowers

I have not figured out how to post a new item on RC universe so I am asking my question here. As you can tell I am a new member. Even though I am logged in when I try to create a new post it tells me I have to login and then does not log me in.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

What brand of servos will work with the Multiplex Royal Evo 12 syn transmitter and receiver?

RC Universe is awesome and the members are friendly and helpful.

Thanks
Jim
Jim,
All of them.
Regards,

John
Old 02-05-2006, 05:03 PM
jorvflowers

Thanks John I really appreciate the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!