Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

dual elv. matching w/o programmer

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 07:31 AM
blindfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual elv. matching w/o programmer

O.K. i have been trying to do it right for some time now, with only small success.

i need step-by-step instructions on how to match the 2 elevators (2 servos), futabas, no programmer. mechanic setup is exact same,
but dialing all the expo and end points and master/slave mix got them with a small delay or offset.

in which order i need to do things?

(i.e.
1. 100% to 100% mas-slv mix
2. match end points.
3. dial expos in, the travel should match.

(by the way: this way did not work for me...)

how??? how to do it??? (i now have a smaal delay in and same end points)

thank you
Old 07-19-2005, 10:08 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dual elv. matching w/o programmer

There’s no absolute answer as there are many variables. You mentioned your mechanical setup is identical. How have you ascertained same? Do you have equal surface and servo arm travel arcs?

Whenever sub-trim and or trim is introduced to zero out the servo arm at neutral you build a non linear travel arc into your electronic programming. Since nearly all servos do not center on the desired 1500us control signal trim is sometimes required to offset the arm(s). Other factors like software frame rate lag are a factor too.

I’d be willing to bet the primary problem is the mechanical set-up needs to be tweaked to allow for variables in the setup and servo centering.