Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How much for service

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Turtle-Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much for service

After losing my four star 3 weeks ago and not being able to find it, I was about to give up on it completely, but this morning I went looking for it 1 last time and found it in quite a few pieces. the airframe is completely trashed, but the engine (os 46fx) is fine. 3 of the four servos appear to be fine, but the reciever (airtronics 92777Z) is not responding properly at all. The servos twitch and glitch and do not respond to stick inputs. I replaced the crystal with an identical crystal with the same results. The case is unscratched and appears to be in perfect condition. I am guessing the rain was not kind to the electronics. So to make a short story long would it be worth it to send it to Airtronics for service and if so how much do you think it might cost? $$ is tight so I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to be repaired or just replace it when I save up a little bit of $$.

Thx!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:10 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: How much for service

Did you check the battery to see if it is chargeable? Do a slow charge (16 hours at C/10) of the airborn battery and, with a loaded voltmeter, check to be sure the voltage is above 4.8 volts.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:16 AM
michpittsman
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much for service

The first thing you want to do after your reciever is exposed to the elements for three weeks (before you turn the switch on) is open the Rx case and dry it out thoroughly, then spray everything, plugs and wires included, with a water repellent motor spray. If you have questions about Airtronics service, I suggest you call them and ask them.