Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Can I do this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 05:50 PM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I do this?

I have a wall charger that came with a Futaba Tx, and I'm wondering if I can use it to charge a JR Tx? Plug seems to be the same.

Jim C.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I do this?

No wrong polarity.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:32 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Can I do this?

Yes it can be done and will work fine. MAJOR WARNING however JR uses reversed polarity on their TX charge jacks, Center pin negative. All the other major manufacturers use center pin positve on their Tx charge jacks.

If you plug an Airtronics, Futaba or Hitec wall charger into a JR tx the JR fuse will be blown and even additional damage can result.

The solution is to simply cut charger wires somewhere in the line reverse polarity, solder and shrink wrap. I have a number of JR wallchargers reversed to use with Hitec Tx's. Always remember JR only uses Center Pin Negative.

John