RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MS2K Newbie

Old 08-01-2005, 10:35 PM
impactiq
My Feedback: (57)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default MS2K Newbie

Thanks to the words of ZAGNUT, "if you can build a plane you can build a radio! [sm=frown.gif][sm=wink.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]" I will be attempting a MS2K conversion/build for a single stick radio. I have a Silver Seven SS that I really enjoy flying with. IT is a lot easier for me to fly with a SS do to a hand injuy that I sustained a few years back.

So... I was hoping to find a good base to start with. Something along the lines of a SS Silver Seven or a MP8K (see post: http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=118395 if you can help me out ) Tx with good hard parts. IF I can not find a good base to start with.... What are you guys using for trim pots, switches, etc.... ?

Thanks, Mark
Old 08-04-2005, 09:58 AM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: MS2K Newbie

Marv at www.jensenjetmodels.com makes nice trim lever assemblies that also work for throttle or auxiliary channels. the file section of the yahoo group has a write up on these with a picture.

BUT! don't forget that you really don't need any trims with the M*. throttle has the preset button for killing the engine and the slew function for moving the idle point around. the other three main functions have the mighty auto-trim that can move the surfaces up to 12% of throw and sometime soon this will be changed to 24%. if you absolutely must have trims then consider installing only 2 for ailerons and elevator....less clutter

Marv also makes bare cases with cutouts where you want them for a reasonable price and also should have sticks available. his site still lists a complete case with all switches, levers and single stick for $200 but not sure if he is still offering it.

for miniature toggle switches C&K make some of the best, look for them under the ITT brand at www.digikey.com. LOTS of styles to choose from and you can even get dress nuts for a few cents if you don't like the regular hex hardware.

and remember that any problem you may encounter with sourcing parts or the build itself can be solved with a quick post to the yahoo group.

later,
dave
Old 08-04-2005, 08:08 PM
impactiq
My Feedback: (57)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: MS2K Newbie

Dave, thanks again for the words of wisdom. I have joined the Yahoo group and already have Marv doing a case for me. Marv is a great guy!!!!

Mark