RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FUTABA 9

Old 08-07-2005, 02:42 PM
compass1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default FUTABA 9

I'm shopping for a FUTABA 9. What is the differences ?
9CHPS?
9CAPS?
9CAFS?
9CHFS?
I'm flying planes. Which one should I need ?[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 08-07-2005, 03:02 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: FUTABA 9

H= Helicopter A=Aircraft. The A has a throttle ratchet the H doesnt. The A has 2 switches reversed. The H typically ships with better servo's and a 1000Mah reciever battery vice a 600 for the Airplane version.

F= PPM or Pulse Position Modulation P=PCM or Pulse Coded Modulation. PCM is more expensive and gives better noise rejection on the reciever. PCM also lets you set a fail safe position for the servo's to assume if the reciever looses signal, say Idle on the throttle and neuatral on the control surfaces for example. The F or P only effects the reciever that ships with the system. The radio will transmit either way so any additional recievers you purchase can be either your choice of PPM (mistakenly called FM) or PCM. The modulation is set as a menu choice and is model specific so when you change models if you have different recievers, the change is made when you select the new model and then cycle the power of the transmitter.

The S is "Super" and is the 2nd generation of this fine radio.

I fly a 9CHPS on 6 helicopters, 3 fixed wing airplanes and a full house glider with no problems.

Your best bet is probably either a 9CAFS or PS depending on if you want to spend the extra money for the PCM reciever. I have one and cant tell a difference between it and any of the other FM's that I fly with the exception of setting up fail safe which thankfully I have never needed.