RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitech and Futaba servo arms

Old 08-08-2005, 02:33 PM
F-16WpnsTech

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hitech and Futaba servo arms

Got a question for you R/C wizards. I stripped an arm on a Hitech servo. My LHS didn't have any extra arms for Hitech servos (and I didn't have any laying around), so I tried some Futaba arms. They seemed to fit really snug so I picked up a pack. Here's my worry: the tolerance is pretty small on those threads and I'm wondering if the Futaba arms are (technically) compatible with Hitech. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Peace Out.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:56 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Hitech and Futaba servo arms

Some manufactuers indeed use different spline counts on the output shafts and some possible combinations that apperently fit can and will result ruining your day. Just like RX crystals, never mix brands of output arms. If you use any aftermarket arms its always prudent to make absolutely sure that arm is specified for your servo brand.

John
Old 08-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Rodney

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

They are definately NOT compatable. The Hitec has an even number of splines and the Futaba has an odd number. Neither will work well on the other brand, almost a guaranteed crash if you try. The only other brand that I am sure is compatable with Futaba is DAD which is no longer in business. For Hitec, Appolo and Hobbico arms are interchangeable..
Old 08-08-2005, 04:02 PM
delcam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Take a look at the website of servocity and you will find all the info you need on this topic.

Hans Delemarre
Old 08-08-2005, 11:24 PM
LeeL
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HiTech and Futaba arms are not interchangable. I can tell you this from first hand experience, I put together a G.P. Patty wagstaff extra, used HiTec servos but didnt like the big red arms that came with the servos so I used the black ones from some futaba servos, end result was very lucky, after take off I had almost no control over the plane. I did have enough control to chop power and set down for a hard landing, with no damage to the plane. Lesson learned use parts that are pakaged with the equipment, it's there for a reason, or use after market products made specificly for the equipment
Old 08-09-2005, 10:25 PM
rctrax

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hitec arms will not go on a futaba servo[without much force] and futaba arms will slip on a Hitec servo. I know, I have tried them myself.