Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec HS-5995 robotics servo, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:54 AM
TomKite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec HS-5995 robotics servo, Help!

I'm looking at the specs for the HS-5995 and its rated at 416oz of torque at 7.4 volts, but how do you supply it with that voltage without cooking your receiver? Any help? I can't seem to find any info on the net on this yet.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:25 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hitec HS-5995 robotics servo, Help!

That rating is for use in robots only. Hitec strongly recommends a maximum of 6V (5 cells) for use in aircraft.

Mike.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:30 PM
TomKite

The customer of mine asking about it, wants to use it in a robitics application, but controll it via a standard r/c transmitter/receiver
Old 08-11-2005, 02:31 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

The Hitec recievers will handle the voltage.

Mike.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:11 PM
TomKite

Thanks, I got it straightened out with Hitec, I found out their receivers are equipped with BEC, and can also handle more voltage. But since I don't want the receiver to limit the voltage to the servo, I'm going to have to recommend to the customer that they do some fancy footwork with a y connector, and run the signal wire straight from the servo to the receiver. letting the servo and the receiver share a common ground through the battery connection.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:32 PM
coaxial-gyro

ORIGINAL: TomKite

Thanks, I got it straightened out with Hitec, I found out their receivers are equipped with BEC, and can also handle more voltage. But since I don't want the receiver to limit the voltage to the servo, I'm going to have to recommend to the customer that they do some fancy footwork with a y connector, and run the signal wire straight from the servo to the receiver. letting the servo and the receiver share a common ground through the battery connection.
Thats the conclusion I know of, (I know i'M dead late in this thread [&o]). Can some one drop in a link to a more updated version of the robot in question , as I only know of the InfraRed hitec version .

Hello