RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba and The new JR servos

Old 08-13-2005, 04:58 AM
dprater

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba and The new JR servos

I bought the new Sport JR 125 servos (great price for a servo) to use with my Futaba radio equipment. Is this a No No. I'm get glitches and it's like the expo is not even working, every move is jerky, just shakes my plane, my little girl thanks it's funny to watch it jerk but I dont.
Anyone had a problem mixing like this?
Old 08-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba and The new JR servos

I mix and match depending on need and what I got on hand, in my combat plane, I use a Futaba 6EXA, Hitec rx and JR servos with no problems.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:56 AM
bpannier

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am using Sport servo ST 47 with a Futaba and no problems.............
Old 08-17-2005, 04:11 PM
majortom-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There is the little difference between JR & Futaba on expo--Futaba negative equates to JR positive. I don't know where this translation takes place, in the RX or in the servo, but that might be part of the problem. You should be able to tell just by eyeballing the surfaces as you give slight movement to the stick, whether you are getting positive or negative expo effect. Negative expo on Futaba equipment means softer around neutral, whereas the same effect on JR calls for "positive" expo. Not sure this is your problem, but worth checking out.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:57 AM
dprater

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for a the replys

I took the radio gear out of my plane and down to my LHS and they watch what was happening with the JR servos. We then plugged in all Hitec 645's and not a glitch and smooth as can be. My LHS took back the JR's and I brought the 645's home.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Bass1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow, I was getting ready to order a bunch of the JR TS 125mg sport servos. Now I'm not so sure. [X(]
Old 09-06-2005, 08:03 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Virtually all of my JR servos, especially the digital and coreless ones, hunt around center when not under load and the battery is at a full charge. JR servos tend to be set with a tighter centering than other brands. If you just touch the surface or control arm and the movement stops, it isn't a glitch, but very tight entering. They do fly very well. I have both JR 811 & Hitech 5435 sport digitals and I consider the JRs better. I also fly several Hitech 5625 & 5245 digitals which are also very good servos.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:28 PM
dprater

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok, I don't wont to bash a product so hear is what has happened since my problem with the JR 125's
The Hitec 645's were smooth as could be in the LHS and on the field for 2 or 3 flight, then they started to get some glitches, not much like the JR's but at least two hits that I saw on the ground. Well that did it, off to Radio South went my radio and they found a bad tx xtal (what ever that is) and low output transistor. So maybe the JR's just magnified the problem. Sorry if I mislead anyone, some of the problems are just hard to find.
My LHS sent the JR,s back and they said that one servo out of the four was not meeting there specification. So not sure what was the (real Problem) at least I got my radio checked out, and all is working well.

Thanks