Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

batteries and charger for JR SX3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 12:30 AM
blackeangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default batteries and charger for JR SX3 ?

Any recommandations ?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:31 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: batteries and charger for JR SX3 ?

Pretty much anything will work. I use 1000mAh nicads in my just cos I got them at a good price. The normal JR wall charger will work as will almost any digital charger.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:49 AM
impactiq
My Feedback: (57)

Pick up some AA NiMH. I buy Sanyo. The brand is up to you. I use 1500mAh cells. That way you can still use the stock battery holder. One thing to remember though is the JR charging jack is different from all other radio chargers. The charging jack on the Tx side has reversed polarity. This means that the Pos. side is the outside of the jack (this part is Neg. on all other radios) and the middle part, where the small pin slides into, is Neg. (this is the Pos. on all others).

Your standard wall charger can not handle batteries that are above 800 mAh. JR does offer one that can charge up to a 1100mAh Tx battery... but will take 15+ hours to do so. I would go for a charger that can handle multiple tasks. Recycling, able to charge different size packs (as far as cell count and mAh), one that has a LCD is a plus, trickle charge, etc.... You can get into a good charger around $100 or so. I use a Cirrus Cycle Pro. Hope this helps.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:55 PM
blackeangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: impactiq

Pick up some AA NiMH. I buy Sanyo. The brand is up to you. I use 1500mAh cells. That way you can still use the stock battery holder.
How long would it last ? I can buy some Energizer 2100mah NiMH betteries in superstore, and the charger only cost arond $15, I am jsut worried that it won't last long when racing.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:41 PM
impactiq
My Feedback: (57)

The biggest thing when it comes to any battery.... is that you should cycle the batteries before using them weather it is NiMH or Nicad. This will condition/prep. them for use. Most say 3 to five times. This is where a good charger comes into play. It has been my experience with the style of charger you are looking at..... they do more harm then good. Trust me on this. Spend the money on a good charger that can "do it all". All of your rechargable batteries will love you for it!

With 2100mah (provided they are fully charged) batteries, the last thing I would worry about is running out of power!!!!! With my 1500mah cells, I can go all day with my XS3.... and not worry about.