Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

The 9C Flip/Flop

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The 9C Flip/Flop

Anybody know of this. Three guys here have the 9C and all of them have a consistent problem of the aileron servo programming reversing it self for no apparent reason. They set them up at home or where ever and they simple reverse when they go to check at the field. They constently checking the controls to avoid crashing
Old 08-01-2005, 05:28 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The 9C Flip/Flop

Nope, mine and several others at the field have been rock solid.

I love this radio.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:08 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Hmmm..interesting.... about 2 weeks ago... I checked (I Always check befor EVERY flight on EVERY plane to make sure the surfaces go the way I want them to) to make sure that everything was working....and my flaperons were backwards... I had flown it many times and all the sudden they were reversed......

go to the field a few days later and I had to switch them back... they were switched again... and I didn't touch them

I thought I was going crazy, but seems there are several of us going crazy
Old 08-01-2005, 07:21 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cyclic Hardover

Three guys here have the 9C and all of them have a consistent problem of the aileron servo programming reversing it self for no apparent reason. They set them up at home or where ever and they simple reverse when they go to check at the field. They constently checking the controls to avoid crashing
My 9C has been OK so far. Have you contacted Futaba on this ?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:26 PM
F.Imbriaco
My Feedback: (56)

I have the 9CAP and hope it continues to work well ... BUT my 8UAF that I bought in 1995 ; well that's another story . I had an intermittent problem crop up last week and damned near lost 2 ships . I'd be flying along and SUDDENLY the model performed a half roll. Happened 3 x in one flight , even during my landing approach ! At first , I thought it was aileron servos , but when it happened the following day with another ship , I sent it off to Radio South . After a half hour of moving the aileron stick , they got it to fail . A new pot and tune and hopefully , it won't happen again . Your friend's problem sounds different in that the ailerons were reversed , mine were properly oriented on the 8UAF , but while flying level ( and turning on the landing approach ) it suddenly half rolled and required corrective inputs to right.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:17 AM
Ross Kean

I will definately keep an eye open on this! I set up a new plane at home on my 9C and was 98% sure I had everything right. I got to the field and during the preflight, I discovered that both the rudder and elevator were reversed. At the time, I assumed that I had a "senior moment" when I programmed the radio but now I'm not so certain. A programming error is always a possibility since the directions and throws were set with the plane inverted in a cradle.

A thorough preflight is always a good idea!

Ross
Old 08-02-2005, 07:29 AM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

OK....think for a second guys. If you're using flaperons, make sure you plug the aileron servos into the same ports on the RX every time! If you accidentaly flip the servo that's usually plugged into channel 1 with channel 6.....then yes, your ailerons are gonna be reversed!

I've done this myself a couple times at the field....but I just pop the hatch and flip the extensions and everything is back to normal.

The details will bite you every time!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:41 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: jmiracle

OK....think for a second guys. If you're using flaperons, make sure you plug the aileron servos into the same ports on the RX every time! If you accidentaly flip the servo that's usually plugged into channel 1 with channel 6.....then yes, your ailerons are gonna be reversed!
On any plane with 2 aileron servos I label the servo leads and extensions with a big L and R to be 100% sure that I do not reverse them. In case I do mess up, a quick check of the control surfaces, while standing behind the plane, just before taxiing onto the runway will catch the error. I do this before every flight, just to be sure.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:46 AM
exeter_acres

I label mine as well...big label..

and if the plug was reversed wouldn't the ailerons be reversed too?? it was just the flaperon/spoileron function that was reversed..

but yes... attention to the details is important
Old 08-02-2005, 09:04 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

and if the plug was reversed wouldn't the ailerons be reversed too?? it was just the flaperon/spoileron function that was reversed..
I just ran through this in my head, and with a bunch of hand movements, and I think the ailerons would be normal. I could be wrong, but I'm working so I can't go to the garage to test.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:46 AM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

Under NORMAL conditions BOTH R&L aileron servos rotate the SAME direction---Reversing the leads or channels won't change this (Go check for yourself)---BUT flap trim will be!---
Old 08-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

but yes... attention to the details is important
I think you can setup up the aileron servos mechanical linkages such that they will work the same either way you plug them in.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

no problems here knock on wood
Old 08-02-2005, 12:01 PM
exeter_acres

I'll check...maybe it was me.....
Old 08-02-2005, 04:52 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Is this the 9C Super? That's what mine is and no problems so far. Bought it new at the beginning of the year.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:27 PM
mstroh3961
My Feedback: (4)

I have two 9C's and never a problem.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are the regular 9C, not the Super. I am still using the 8UAFS. Frankly with the Campac I have, I don't see myself needing a new TX for some years unless it gets stolen or I run over it. However , I have programmed one for a friend, so much simpler than mine that I did not even need the manual.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Slyder

Hmmm..interesting.... about 2 weeks ago... I checked (I Always check befor EVERY flight on EVERY plane to make sure the surfaces go the way I want them to) to make sure that everything was working....and my flaperons were backwards... I had flown it many times and all the sudden they were reversed......

go to the field a few days later and I had to switch them back... they were switched again... and I didn't touch them

I thought I was going crazy, but seems there are several of us going crazy

Same here. Basically I was told I was nuts. So I quit using them.
The only other problem is everytime I hook up the trainer I have to activate the trainer switch. No big deal so long as I remember.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:17 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Slyder, is your model stored in the main radio memory or in a campac ? Just checking.......
Old 08-07-2005, 08:19 AM
I & C Tech

I've been using my 9CH on helis and planes for years with no problems to date. My two cents. I will keep my eyes open though.[:-]
Old 08-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Slyder

It is model #2
Old 08-07-2005, 10:41 AM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

These posts show the importance of never assuming that everything is OK as it worked fine before. I mimic the pre-takeoff run-up that you do on full size aircraft before each take-off. This includes control surface movement and direction.

I have never seen or heard of this kind of behaviour on the 9C before. Maybe just lucky. I had my 9C for about 2 years, approx 500 flights, with no problems ever.

Safe Flying!
Old 08-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Bayou Talker
My Feedback: (1)

If you have the servo set for normal operation and this problem occurs, do you have to change it to reverse to correct it or does the transmitter have it switched to reverse when you check it? In other words, are the settings in the radio changing or do the servos just start working in the opposite direction without the settings changing?
Old 08-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Slyder

Its been so long since I used them but I remember going to that mix and changing the values. It would work fine that day but let it set a week or so and it would happen again.
Its no big thing. I found I prefered not using spoilerons.
Not a problem with anything else I have found except the trainer switch.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Ross Kean

Happened to me again!. I've posted in the Futaba forum. It'll be interesting to see if there is any reply.

Ross

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.