Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 07:16 PM
soulman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR transmitter

I have 3 JR max 4 tx. One works fine but the other two will not accept a charge through the jack. I used a multimeter to check for power but came up empty handed. They still transmit fine but the light will not go on on the charger. I am using a Futaba charger with the polarity reversed. I have never used JR in the past so they are new to me. Any help with this problem or any others I may encounter, would be appreciated.

Soulman
Old 10-24-2002, 07:59 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Maybe the Batteries are dead to the point that they will no longer take a charge.

Try taking the battery from the one that does charge and put it into the failing Tx and see if the light comes on on the charger.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:33 PM
soulman

Default JR transmitter

I have tried every conceivable combo with no luck. I should add that on the charger, I added the JR tx lead to the Futaba lead thinking that this way I could measure the battery level by using the multimter on the unused lead. I don't think I crossed anything but... What could I have done? The radio does not have a fuse according to my local hobby store. Thanks for your reply.

Soulman
Old 10-25-2002, 02:38 PM
iflyrc24
My Feedback: (5)

Default JR transmitter

soulman
The Max4 radios have an IC protector type fuse in the charge circut. Look around the charge socket on the circuit board for a transistor looking thing with two legs instead of three. If I remember correctly the IC protector had N75 printed on the flat side. Follow the tracers and they will lead you to it. Check it with a volt meter and you will probably find that there is power on the batt side and not the charge socket side.

I don't know if these numbers will do you any good but this is what I replaced mine with;

ECG 15023 A-IC Protector, 1A

I had to go to a electronic supply company to get the protectors. I tried Radio Shack and the like and got the deer in the headlights look.

Hope this helps
DEG
Old 10-25-2002, 02:59 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Default JR transmitter

I've had a similar problem with my both of my 10X radios. On both radios there was a little trace on the PCB inside the battery cartridge that opened up (probably from me fast-charging at too high a rate.)

Soldered in a jumper and no more problems.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:58 PM
soulman

Default JR transmitter

You guys are the BEST!! I have not tried it yet but just the overwhelming response and outpouring of help reinforces why I joined this group. Thank You!
Old 01-07-2004, 04:39 AM
barelias

Default RE: JR transmitter

ok, i think im in the right place. I got the JR max4 radio and i just bought a charger that is piranha digital peak charger. my question is:the battery pack of the transmitter is made of 8AA's,now this charger asks if the battery is nimh or nicd, and there is nothing on the battery pack other than its a 600 mah. Is it right to assume that all the AA batteries are nimh??? another thing,since i dont have the right plug that connects the charger to the transmitter,is it ok to take out the battery pack and charge it? or it should be charged while its in the transmitter,fuses and all??
thanks in advance