Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics RD6000 programming

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Kurtzz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics RD6000 programming

Lost the dang owners manual when we moved and now I am in a bind. I want to run 2 elevator servos without having to put a reverser inline or reversing the servo wiring. I know there is a way to slave one servo to the elevator and plug that servo into the #6 slot in the receiver but for the life of me I can not figure it out HELP PLEASE, thanks in advance.

Kurtzz
Old 07-23-2005, 10:05 PM
CP140

Default RE: Airtronics RD6000 programming

I can't help you too much as I've never tried dual elev servos...

... but I'll give it a go...

Go into the etc menu and scroll down to one of the programmable mixes (C1/C2). Designate elevator as master and channel 6 as slave. Flip the C1/C2 mix on using the switch on the transmitter. Mix at +/-100 to get the rotation of the slaved channel to go the correct way. Then make sure the endpoints on the channel 6 switch(flap switch I think) is set to zero for both positions of the flap switch. The only wrinkle is that I'm not sure if the trim settings for the elev channel will carry over to the slaved channel.

For what it's worth, you can download a pdf version of the manual for the 6000 Super from the Airtronics website(www.airtronics.net)...it should be close enough to the 6000 to suffice.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:26 AM
Imac Kiwi

If you are using dual elevator servos, I presume you are using dual aileron servos. if this is the case Channel 6 will be used in the flaperon mix.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:31 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, if this bird's big enough for two elevator servos, it probably has two aileron servos on different channels. Sounds like a good place to use an 8-channel.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 07-24-2005, 11:06 AM
donkey doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello; If you use channel 6 for the other aileron, you won't be able to use two elevator channels. I tried everything to get it to work on my Funtana, no way. I have an RD 6000 too.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:27 PM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

I posted this same question last year and I also got in touch with airtronics. The info I received was that the RD6000 would not do the two elevator servos on separate channels but the RD8000 would.
FB
Old 07-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Kurtzz

Thanks for the help guys, works like a charm. The 6000 Super .PDF from Airtronics was real close, Just have to be real careful on which switch you throw in flight. Thanks again!

Kurtzz
Old 08-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Kurtzz

Let me take backwater on the works like a charm. Well actually it does work unless you need to use the elevator trim switch or the dual rates for elevator. When using the trim switch only one servo moves and when using the dual rates one servo will go to full rates, the other maintains the same as before. Lord, dont even think about hitting a flap switch on the transmitter or they go like crazy. Got to be an easier way. Other than that works great! LOL Maybe I have a programming step wrong....hope so

Hail a failure on a Y harness servo reverser, hate to go that route, but it is cheaper than a new radio.

Kurtzz