Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Bad range check?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 05:02 PM
Joe B.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad range check?

Went to the field with my dad. First time I took him out and it's a nice new field (LARGE!). Well, I flew my zagi first, no range check just flew. Heck that thing is like a nerf ball and even if something happened you just pick it up and throw it in the air again.

Well time to fly the big bird so I range check my Airtronics Radiant 6P. Turn on the receiver and get about 40 feet away and I'm noticing jittering from the servos. Get further and it's VERY noticable. It jitters any time I give control input. Fortunately our field has a frequency monitor so I wanted to check and see if there was any intereference - none. Guess what? My radio is putting 78db out on channel 45, and mid-40's on channels 44 and 46! THIS IS BAD! Well, this was NOT the case two weeks ago as I had no (<2db) bleed over to other channels and had great range checks. Anyone have an idea what can cause this? Battery was fully charged and the voltmeter shows it is. I'm not sure what to do now, do I have to scrap the TX? Is it economical to send something this old (4 years) in for repair when you can get a new 9C for $260? Thanks.

- Joe
Old 10-26-2002, 10:14 PM
coyote
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad range check?

Try replacing your Transmitter crystal. Bad Tx and Rx crystals will cause the symptoms you are experiencing.