Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Where Bulk Survo Wire ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 06:06 AM
art43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Bulk Survo Wire ?

LOOKING FOR BULK SURVO WIRE
i'M LOOKING FOR 20&22ga. 3 strand twisted survo wire,50ft. long. i saw it on a website on one of these forums but lost it.
THANK.
ART43
Old 10-27-2002, 03:46 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have purchased it from Hobby Horn before a major Magazine advertizer.

John
Old 10-27-2002, 03:56 PM
Scotty740

I buy mine from radicalrc.com
Old 10-27-2002, 04:24 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My apologies, I misread the question and the stock I have purchased from Hobby Horn is flat stock and not twisted. It seems as though about the time that duel conversion Rx's became common place that the manufacturers no longer considered stray RF from the leads a problem and changed to flat stock. It may not be likely that the old twisted stock is available from any of the hobby suppliers any more. I have set up quite a few night flyers and in the case of that internal airframe wireing that caries even more current I have used speaker wire and twisted with a hand brace. This has produced good results with no undue intrerferance.

Once agine I apologize for misreading the question and Stuart who 'e' mailed me Hobby Horn is a national supplier that has full page adds almost every month in Model Aviation.

John
Old 10-28-2002, 05:33 AM
art43

I want hard wire my survos in and the leads will be long. Thanks everyone or the help. art43
Old 10-28-2002, 03:28 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

I've spliced in flat cable up to 30" to my servos with no jittering problems. You can twist flat stock to get the same noise canceling effect. I find the typical twisted cables have too fine a weave than necessary, which adds weight. 20ga copper wire weighs quite a bit at long lengths.