Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Optic 6- more complaints than Futaba 7C?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 09:32 PM
az_jerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6- more complaints than Futaba 7C?

I'm trying to decide on my next transmitter. Since I've got all Futaba and Futaba compatable equipment I've narrowed it down to either the Optic 6, 7C or, maybe, the Polks Tracker 3.

My main concern is that on these and other forums the Optic 6 seems to have way more problems mentioned than the Futaba. It appears that the 7C is more reliable than the Optic. Is it that there are WAY more Optics out there than 7Cs? Comments on why I should pick one over the other? Any other options out there I've missed?

The Tracker 3 has a lot going for it- 99 memories (vs 8 for Optic and 10 for Futaba), 8 channels (vs 6 or 7), built in scanner, synthesized frequencies like the Optic, 5-year warranty (vs 2 or 1). But I'm a bit concerned about the long term, Polks being a much smaller player.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:19 AM
panzerd18

Default RE: Optic 6- more complaints than Futaba 7C?

I heard off a few people the Optic 6 has firmware bugs
Old 10-09-2005, 02:27 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

I have the 7c and as long as you don't get one of the first production models you are good to go with the firmware. Even with the problems that the 7c had in their first productions Futaba offered work around options for a temp fix so people could fly till they had time to send the tx in for a completly free firmware update fixing the problem. They had a problem with the timer feature resetting the aileron control back to 0% giving you no control on ailerons. The only thing to watch out for is that if you use dual elevator servos on seperate channels the trim tab will not move both servos. You must use a Y harness to have the trim work properly. This radio is somewhat limiting to my 7 channel quad flap ultra stick but I still think that this is a very powerfull radio that will suit the needs for most average fliers.

I also seen lots of people on here complaining about their optic 6 and bugs. I would be kinda reluctant to buy one personally.

as for the tracker Personally I have not had any experiences with this radio. I have seen threads in there that a lot of people complain. And then I also have seen a lot of people like this radio.

I'm not trying to convince you either way. This is just my 02 cents
Old 10-11-2005, 11:03 PM
forestroke

i've read the optic 6 posts and there is one complaint about doing something at a certain time mixed with other things that if you just happen to do something else at the same time, something bad happens. all deflections at full.

i think for the rest of us that aren't doing extremely flying, the optic 6 has gotten great reviews. particularly with the spectra module. look, feel and price are high lights.