Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 9303 Flaperon setup

Old 09-29-2005, 08:23 AM
JKovats
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 9303 Flaperon setup

I am having trouble getting flaperons to work properly and can't work it out from the manual.

If I set my servos so the flaps are not deployed in switch position 0, the deflection rate on my left aileron is greater than my right aileron when usining ailerons. When I move the switch to position 1, my flaps deploy and ailerin movement is identical left and right. When I move my switch to position 2, my right aileron deflection is greater than my left when using ailerons.

I seem to have to set up my servo, centering the arms in position 1, so that my ailerons give equal deflection. Of course when I do that, when I put the switch in position 0, my ailerons deflect upward like air brakes, and still deflect different side to side, and in position 2, they deflect downward, but still different side to side.

I currently have inhibited the flap switch in order not to accidentally deplay.

Help!!

John Kovats
new 9303 user
Old 09-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR 9303 Flaperon setup

John,

I have had both 8 & 10 channel JR's, but not the 9303, but typically, the flaperons all work the same. When you have a flaperon wing type set with the right aileron servo plugged into the aileron channel and the left aileron servo plugged into the flap channel (ch 6), you adjust the centering and end points of the left aileron with the flap subtrim and travel adjust.

Always do a reset first before any new plane, then program.

I normally turn all the switches to my normal setting, then center the servo arms by un-screwing them and moving them as closely as I can. Then I use subtrim to center both left and right ailerons. Next, I set 100% flaperons, hold full up elevator so I get ful down flaperons and adjust the end points. Then I hold full down elevator and adjust the flaps this direction using both the aileron and flap travel adjust. Now you can turn off or zero the elevator-flap mix. Once you have your center and end points adjusted, your switches should give the same deflection.