Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9Z WCII Programing Tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 06:27 AM
SU29
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Futaba 9Z WCII Programing Tips

I'm looking for an after market manual for programing/using conditions on the 9Z besides what is posted on the Futaba Site. Does any one know of such a critter?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 10-10-2005, 09:56 AM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 9Z WCII Programing Tips

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFJZ7&P=0

Maybe one choice.

Bill
Old 10-13-2005, 06:15 PM
SU29

Thanks Bill, I will give it a try.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Icebird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somehow, I don't think you'll find that book too useful. It covers the 9C, and while it is a good book, there is little if any similarity between the 9C and the 9Z.

Jim
Old 10-15-2005, 09:34 AM
SU29

It was a good try however you are right it was no help on the 9Z. I'm just looking for more programing examples for different types of setups and more on using conditions and mixing functions.

For instance, what is the best way to setup triple rates on Elev, Aileron and Rudder if that is possible?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2005, 02:41 PM
hankpajari
My Feedback: (1)

This Yahoo group is very helpful.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/futaba9z

Let us know how you make out.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:36 PM
stek79

A very nice tutorial is on futaba site. In case you haven't already read it, go there:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/manual-9z-notice.html

"Getting to know the 9Z"... very nice, I think this is what you're looking for.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: SU29

It was a good try however you are right it was no help on the 9Z. I'm just looking for more programing examples for different types of setups and more on using conditions and mixing functions.

For instance, what is the best way to setup triple rates on Elev, Aileron and Rudder if that is possible?

Thanks
I'm a newby 9Z user as well and I wanted exactly what you're talking about. One of the problems with the 9Z for new users is that there are several ways to do about anything you want to do...

The problem, or at least it seemed like a problem after programming my 9C for triple rates, is that the 9Z does not natively support that function like the newer 9CAPS does.

What I finally settled on was using conditions for the triple rates. Set up your ATV's then set up the default and 2 conditions using the AFR function. Start with which ever setting you plan on using for takeoff and landing otherwise the radio will warn you that you are not using a default condition. So the default condition is low rates, condition 2 is middle rates, and condition 3 is high rates on my set up. You could also set up just one control to be a different deflection in each condition rather than all three as I've done. Don't be afraid of the condition stuff, essentially what you are doing is creating a whole different set of control parameters for each model that are selectable by the flip of a switch. So each condition must be checked for deflections, symmetry and so forth, that includes throttle settings. Once you get the initial deflections set you can get pretty close by using percentages on the other two. You can assign each condition to a separate switch, or to one of the three position switches as I did with my Funtana. It's a little more effort doing it this way but it works great and is the best solution I found after playing with it for three days trying to figure out the best way to accomplish it.

Here's a link to the Futaba website FAQ with another way to do it, however right at the end of it, it suggests using the conditions instead:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9z-q172.html