Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec / Futaba Rx crystals - compatible ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Phat Phreddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec / Futaba Rx crystals - compatible ??

Hi,

I recently ordered a Space Scooter which comes with a 72 Mhz FM SS3 and Hitec HFS-04MG Rx..

I want to use my airtronics comp radio and I believe as long as I get the same channel both FM radios should be totally compatible.. Is this correct or will the positive shift / negative shift issue of Airtronics and Futaba screw me up ??

Problem I have is I forgot to order a Ch50 Rx crystal and here in Thailand I cannot get a Hitec crystal.. Will be a real pain to get the package early next week and then wait weeks while I wait for a hitec crystal to arrive by post.

I am being told that Hitec and Futaba cystals are compatible and that a Single channel Futaba Rx will be fine.. So far looking I can only find dual conversion futaba crystals.

Otherwise I am torn between replacing the Rx with a GWS naro I have standing by or just using the SS3 for that model..
Old 10-13-2005, 07:16 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Hitec / Futaba Rx crystals - compatible ??

A hitec dual conversion crystal will work in a futaba RX but it is not recommended by either manufacturer
Old 10-13-2005, 07:54 AM
Phat Phreddy

hmm..

Well A little more reading and some thinking means that the bundled Hitec Rx is not going to work with my airguards shift anyway...

Just fly the Space scooter with the SS3 radio and other planes with my Airtronics.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:43 AM
speedster 1919
My Feedback: (3)

Most of the airtronics computer radios are shift selectible. So if your tx is ch 50 and your rx is ch 50 they sould work. The VG6000 is not shift selectible.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:56 AM
V1nn1e

I have a Futaba Tx and one of my Rx is Hitec. I could not get the Futaba Rx Xtals to work - but its fine with Hitec Xtals