Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Horizon Hobby announces spread spectrum system for parkflyers!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Horizon Hobby announces spread spectrum system for parkflyers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 02:16 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horizon Hobby announces spread spectrum system for parkflyers!

NEWS FLASH. Just got this in from George Hicks!

Guys,
I thought you might be interested in Horizon's new Spread Spektrum system for aircraft that debuted today at 11:00am CST in LA at the I-Hobby Trade
Show. I've been a part of the beta testing team and the new DX6 is a
wonderful radio system directed primarily at foamies and parkflyers. The radio utilizes similar 2.4Ghz Spread Spektrum technology as the surface based radios employ. I've been flying the system for quite a while now in foamies and micro helis and it has been completely interference free. The biggest difference between the air and surface systems is that the aircraft version use two receivers in a single package...also each dual Rx package has two 3.75" antennas which are great for foamies because of the reduced length. Basically the end user sees no more glitches or PPM hits plus the reassurance that no one can blame a foamie for shooting down a 72MHZ based system. I love going out to the field and walking right past the frequency board. When guys ask what channel I'm on I say that, "I don't really know".

Feel free to let your friends know about this new product. I think this
may ultimately be the new approach to how we deal with frequency / interference problems in the future. I also think this product certainly indicates the beginning of a new chapter in R/C aviation's history.

I believe the cost of the system will be around $200 for the Tx, Rx, and 4 servos....$60 for additional Rx units.

Here's a website for more information on the DX6 and other SS technology:
http://www.spektrumrc.com

George Hicks
Old 10-22-2005, 10:47 AM
nate1001
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horizon Hobby announces spread spectrum system for parkflyers!

is there any chance of this becoming a module for jr radios like the grond system has?