Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Is this modification possible?

Old 11-04-2002, 05:32 AM
adam_jorgensen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this modification possible?

I hope somebody can help me on this. I'll have to redirect you to the site I asked this question on. I coulden't really get a straight answer there. Its a radio modification. Heres the link. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=68144
Old 11-04-2002, 06:13 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

No.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:42 AM
easymoney

No, this not possible with todays computer radios because all controlling instructions are directed by software. One of the big ICs at the bottom PCB is the Mitsubishi Microcontroller that is burned (programmed) once and was put into this radio during manufacturing and the Assembly Program stored in the ROM of this chip is not alterable.

So if you want another channel I think you have to buy 662.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:08 PM
Ladyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You would have give up another channel to do it. You could convert a linear proportional channel to a 2 position channel ,if for some reason you needed it. It is a project for someone capable of a bit of reverse engineering As the two major North American distributors fail to properly support their equipment so far as providing the most basic of service information.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:49 PM
olivier

Hi,

To know if your transmitter is eventually a 6 channel-radio, you can check that with a downloadable oscilloscope like the one I use to check the PPM-signal on transmitters. See chapter 1 of my website (address hereunder) for more details on where to download and how to use the scope. If you found the PPM-signal and it's showing 6 peaks in an interval of about 23ms, then you can have some hope to extend your transmitter. If only 5 peaks are detected in your PPM-signal, don't bother to try anything.

Succes,
Oliver