Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Discharging an Airtronucs VG600

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 02:56 AM
David_Moen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discharging an Airtronucs VG600

I purchased an Einstein yesterday, seems to work as advertized, but I have no way of connecting my TX battery to the unit for discharging. The "Versatile Adapter" blocks don't have a receptacle that fits the pig tail on the battery pack, and when I plug the TX directly into the cycler, it will charge, but not discharge.

Can anyone give me instructions on installing a jumper around the diode in the TX that prevents discharging through the charging recepticle?

I know how to do this, I jus want to make sure that I'm working on the right diode!

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2002, 05:00 AM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

Default Jumping Diode

Siriuselectronics.com has a whole page on jumping doides....Brian
Old 11-07-2002, 05:03 AM
David_Moen

I found that, but they do not have the VG600 listed.

Thanks anyway!
Old 11-07-2002, 06:03 AM
CP140

I think the connector on the Airtronics Tx batteries are just old-style (ie not Z) airtronics connectors. You could just get hold of an old style airtronics aileron extension lead, cut off one end, cut off one end of the leads supplied with your cycler and make your own adapter. You'd still have to remove the battery pack to cycle it, but it should work!
Old 11-07-2002, 07:07 AM
rcpilotsteve-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

I run Airtronics gear and I find it best to just remove the Battery. I also use a peak detection capable field charger, never a wall wart. This way I never over charge, I just plug my gear in before I fly. Cycle every month with the Digipace.
The Double Vision does both RX & TX and Igniter all at the same time. I never leave home without out!!!