RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need receiver for a Zagi, dual conversion or single...

Old 10-31-2005, 01:04 PM
BlackB12
My Feedback: (9)

Default Need receiver for a Zagi, dual conversion or single...

The local hobby shop guys use GWS receivers in their Zagis and swear they're fine for slope soaring and combat. However, I don't want to lose my Zagi in the river so I'm thinking that it might be worth it to get either a better range or dual conversion receiver. Can anyone recommend an affordable yet reliable receiver for a Zagi. The smaller the better, even though it will fit full size receivers according to the directions. I had my mind set on a Hitec Electron 6 channel, but the guy at the LHS says the tiny GWS ones are adequate. Any suggestions?

Mike
Old 11-29-2005, 10:59 PM
barryplemmons

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Need receiver for a Zagi, dual conversion or single...

Go with the Electron 6 if you've got the buckage. The abuse that the reciever will take can destroy the cheaper single conversion recievers (read: GWS receivers and Hitec Feather). Also, the dual conversion helps when there is more than one plane. Go with an Electron 6 or Berg receiver and never look back (or down into the river).
Old 12-01-2005, 06:37 PM
AirmanBob
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Need receiver for a Zagi, dual conversion or single...

Go to www.polkshobby.com and get yourself a SEEKER 6. It's double conversion, small, light weight, and you never have to buy a crystal for it..Operate it with ANY transmitter. I've had one for a year and I love it. $60.00 bucks.

Bob's