Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Positioning shift selector jumper on Hitec HFS-08RD and more

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Positioning shift selector jumper on Hitec HFS-08RD and more

Old 10-31-2005, 05:32 PM
mikenlapaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Positioning shift selector jumper on Hitec HFS-08RD and more

From checking the forum Hitec Tx's and Futaba Tx's are both negative shift.
I recently acquired a Hitec FM dual conversion RX HFD-08RD 72MHz band. without a Xtal. (There is a sticker next to Xtal slot indicating that probably it was Chan 40.)

How does Shift Selectable work on this RX? There is a slot, in-line with the other plugs, that has this standard female connector with a wire between center and one side. How do you know whch way to position this to have negative shift to match Futaba?

This RX was glitching on a helo and owner felt uncomforable in continuing to use. I tested this connector /jumper wire for continuity and it is not continuous.. Would this be a cause of glitching? What bad things happen to a RX if this 'shift select pin is installed backward or shorts circuits?

My TX module is a Futaba 9CA with a standard fixed crystal module Chan 11.

What would it take to use this Rx with the above TX? If I understand correctly the TX is low band and this RX is high band. Maybe not even compatible.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:21 AM
flyifr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Positioning shift selector jumper on Hitec HFS-08RD and more

I have the same receiver and there is no directions that state which way to place it. I hooked up a servo to a switch harness and battery, turn it on, servo twitched when power up but no response when moving transmitter sticks. I powered off the rec'r, spun the jumper select around, powered up and have been flying this receiver ever since, no problems. JR 6102 TX, Hitec RX and Futaba servos...I am an equal opportunity consumer < GRIN > I purchase the rec'r from Tower, and crystal as well. JR was on 38, so purchased channel 38 crystal from Tower for the rec'r. About all I can tell you.

PS: no manual of sorts came with the rec'r either. I have a post here and on Hitec site asking what would be my AUX1 channel per JR when trying to setup flaperons with dual servos on ailerons.