Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

ServoCity has come competition...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 08:04 PM
ilrcflyboy
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ServoCity has come competition...

Just following up from some of the initial posts on this thread...

I ordered a great Hitec flight pack from servocity a while back and got a great deal. I'm sad to see that the same pack doesn't exist anymore for about the same price. Looks like about $20 difference from the one I bought only about two months ago. Inflation.

Ordering is a little more confusing since the packs are based on channel numbers instead of just a listing of flight packs.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Mighty Mik

Well, UPS and FedEx still have time, but no package for me yet either... how do you figure 5 business days? If they went out on the 3rd, saturday isn't a business day, and neither is sunday. Today would be day 3. If they are coming USPS, they still have 5 hours yet. I know how you feel, i want to get that pack on the charger.

Originally posted by Baja170
Hey Coomarlin,

Have you received your order yet? I also ordered on the 3rd, but no package yet after 5 Business days.(UPS and FedEx already come and gone today)

William
Old 01-08-2003, 08:13 PM
Baja170
My Feedback: (8)

Oh yea, I was thinking today was Friday! DOH!

I just called them (finally got through) and found out it is coming USPS and it was sent yesterday, so I should have it in a day or two. Can't Wait!!!

Sheesh, coming off 11 straight days(yep christmas and newyears included 2-8am) of work kinda gets your days mixed up, cooupled with the fact I've been up since 2AM does not help.

Thanks for the reality check!

William
Old 01-08-2003, 08:33 PM
coomarlin
My Feedback: (1)

Yes I just got it today via USPS. It was actually shipped on the 4th which was saturday. It arrived exactly as expected. Servo City has never let me down.

Originally posted by Baja170
Hey Coomarlin,

Have you received your order yet? I also ordered on the 3rd, but no package yet after 5 Business days.(UPS and FedEx already come and gone today)

William
Old 01-08-2003, 10:02 PM
turbojoe

Servo City always ships my orders Priority Mail. I don't think I've ever waited more than 4 working days for my orders. On one order they e-mailed me saying the HS-55's I had ordered were out of stock but it still got to me 4 days later. I love these guys. I just wish they sold motors and kits and covering and tools and paint and...............
Old 01-08-2003, 10:09 PM
Mighty Mik

Mine came UPS, and yes...it's here!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 01:11 AM
Raybow

Default SERVO CITY WHAT SERVICE???

There must be a few of you guys on the Payroll considering your
Kissy Kissy Replies.

Look i have been trying to Order from "Servo City" 12 Hitec Servos HS 81 & HS81MG through a friend of mine in San Francisco,
and he has Phoned Numerous Times, Phone Engaged, Sent Emails
all ending in NO REPLY.
How the Hell do they stay in BUsiness, I Own a Corporation and if i ran my Business like this it would not Last for Long.
All iam asking for is BLOODY SERVICE at the Right Price.
I can order a Kit from Japan and have delivered to my Door in New Zealand in 3 Days.
It is no wonder that US Companies are Moving off Shore as there is NO SERVICE
I say to Servo City PULL YOUR FINGER OUT OTHERWISE YOU WILL ALL BE ON THE DOLE QUEUE.
Service is where you are served to Satisfaction, this i have to see.

Ray
Old 01-10-2003, 01:43 AM
turbojoe

he has Phoned Numerous Times, Phone Engaged, Sent Emails
Maybe your friend is calling the wrong number. E-mailing the wrong address.
None of us have any trouble at all. Do they not ship to New Zealand? If they do then why not contact them yourself?
Old 01-10-2003, 01:59 AM
Raybow

Default SERVO CITY WHAT SERVICE???

BadMeat
Are you inferring that a Fellow American does not know how to Dial the Correct Number, or Email the Correct Address, as this may also come back to Bite you in the BACKSIDE making a Statement like this, as you i Presume are also American so this may apply to You??
The reason i Order like this is That iam not STUPID an do so for TAX PURPOSES.
This is why some of us have our own Companies and Some of us are the Employee.
I can see from your Statement that you would be the Follower and Not the Leader , so i can understand. {Poor Fellow}

Ray
Old 01-10-2003, 03:05 AM
turbojoe

I was not inferring anyone was stupid (Although I am capable of proper punctuation and capitalization)
Hey, don't get your panties in a bunch. Can't you handle a little sarcasm? Geez.
You seem to be the one that maybe wasn't thinking clearly by trying to tell a whole thread of very happy customers just how bad Servo City sucks. Most people would stop and think hmm...
I wonder why I'm the only one here having trouble? Naturally someone will tell you the trouble is most likely on your end.
Oh, by the way I am a former business owner. In fact it had grown to three separate shops. I got tired of the headaches and
finally accepted a position that had been offered to me for a long time. I like being an employee again. I earn a very respectable income and work far fewer hours. And I DON'T consider myself a follower!
Old 01-10-2003, 03:14 AM
Tech-RCU

Default ServoCity

Sir,

Please have your friend try our non-toll free number, 620-221-7071 and someone will help him out right away. We apologize to everyone about our busy lines, we are adding more in early Feb. We did check the email log and your friend first emailed us on the 9th (today) and a reply was sent on the 9th, you may want to have him check it again. We can sometimes answer emails right away but many times it will take a little while. We get hit with a ton of very specialized questions and we try to give the best answers we can, even if it takes a few paragraphs. Thanks again for everyones support and business.

www.ServoCity.com
Old 01-10-2003, 03:22 AM
turbojoe

I rest my case! If this isn't service then I don't know what is.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:29 AM
Baja170

Thanks for the Servos Tech! They got here in 1 piece becuae you guys packed them great! I will order from you guys again!!

William
Old 01-10-2003, 07:16 PM
DUCATI996

Tech/All:

I just bought a Futaba 9CAF from Servocity and the service was great The only thing you guys need to improve is the tracking of the shipping. I had to ask for the tracking number. You should send the tracking number and place a link on your web to UPS or any other company.

I had to pay my shipping for 2nd day air, is that correct?

Regards,

GL
Old 01-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Baja170

I agree, I had to call as well and it took me about 2 days and probably 75 tries to get through. I finally got through on the tech support number...finally.

Tracking would be great and save people who order from you guys a lot of time and energy to get through. You are probably loosing some sales because of the CONSTANTLY busy phones.

Other than that, prices are good and packaging is GREAT! Thanks!!

William
Old 01-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech-RCU

Default Good Suggestions!

First, no you did not have to pay for the 2nd day shipping. We had several orders that were delayed a day so we shipped them out 2nd day air so everyone would get them by the weekend. Second, we are working on our tracking and ordering system right now. Unfortunately, it is taking more time than we had hoped but it is on the way as are more phone lines!!!!! Thanks!

www.ServoCity.com
Old 01-10-2003, 08:25 PM
DUCATI996

Tech:

Sorry, but I was charged USD$281 plus change for the 9CAF. Can you tell me why then ?

Regards,

GL
Old 01-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech-RCU

Please email us your last name at [email protected] and I will look into it. Thanks!
Old 01-10-2003, 08:39 PM
DUCATI996

Tech:

I just sent a message to your sales dept.

Regards,

GL
Old 01-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Tech-RCU

Default Shipping Charges

Sir,

I spoke with Sharon and she told me that you needed it right away so you wanted to pay for 2nd day air. The goups that we sent out were, I believe, before your shipment, sorry.

www.ServoCity.com
Old 01-10-2003, 08:49 PM
DUCATI996

Tech:

OK, that explains it ! That is why I was surprise when you said 2nd day air was free . I think I should have ordered sooner Hope to do business with you guys again.

Please give my regards to Mrs. Sharon,

GL
Old 01-16-2003, 03:24 AM
Geoffrey

I'm not keen on ServoCity's service either. Twice I've emailed them asking for a rough idea of what the shipping charges would be for an order. Not one peep from those people. Not even an acknowledgment that they received my inquiry. The order was over $300 but that might not be enough for them to make any effort. They've lost my business and I'm willing to give my opinion to anyone. It looks like I'm not alone when it comes to NOT getting any service from Servocity, I wonder how many more are out there?

CC
Old 01-16-2003, 05:43 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been reading the posts from page one. MAN...I'm glad I'm not in retail business! By the time some of you guys finished with me, I'd have a twitch, talk with a stutter, and walk around in circles banking sharply to the left.
Geees Louise, how are some of you guys when it's time to call in for the pizza? (Forget it. I don't want to know!)
Old 01-16-2003, 05:59 AM
turbojoe

I'm with you Randall. Man you just can't please everybody. I noticed the complaints are from outside the U.S. That really takes the blame off of Servo City AND the U.S. Postal service.
I ordered a set of plans from a guy in Canada and after over a month of them not showing up he sent me another set. Three weeks after the second set came the first set showed up. Things happen in international shipments. It can't all be blamed on the retailer.

Before anybody freaks out I am not talking bad about Canada or any country for that matter. It's just that things can go wrong when crossing borders like this.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:13 AM
coomarlin
My Feedback: (1)

Just for the record servoCity ships everything free. It says it in big block letters on the front page of their site. Not that this has anything to do with them not answering an email, but it does explain the shipping charges.

Originally posted by County C
I'm not keen on ServoCity's service either. Twice I've emailed them asking for a rough idea of what the shipping charges would be for an order. Not one peep from those people. Not even an acknowledgment that they received my inquiry. The order was over $300 but that might not be enough for them to make any effort. They've lost my business and I'm willing to give my opinion to anyone. It looks like I'm not alone when it comes to NOT getting any service from Servocity, I wonder how many more are out there?

CC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.