Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics radio question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 03:04 PM
bdtracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics radio question

Today I found a excellent deal on a Airtronics VG6DR 6 channel system so i bought it. It has the servos radio reciver and everything with it. I dont know much about this radio, I have a Airtronics VG 400 that uses the new Z style servos and reciver. I am currious as to if i could use my vg 400 radio with this vg6dr reciver. Its not a big deal if i can but i was just currious. I know that the VG6DR uses the old style servos and reciver. Thanks
Old 11-04-2005, 08:50 PM
CP140

Default RE: Airtronics radio question

Should work OK... has to be on the same channel of course... the difference between the old (black) receiver and the new (blue) Z receiver is the arrangement of the pins on the servo plugs and the shape of the plug itself.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:21 AM
PinoyPinay

CP140, what do you mean about the arrangements of the pins on the z-connectors, i know the pins are signal, positive, and negative. if you swap the positive and negative on the z connectors does this mean you are doing a reverse servo switching. Thanks for your input.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:10 AM
pault
My Feedback: (34)

hello.....airtronics switched to the industry standard with their servo plugs....the old style would only work with airtronics recievers...the new z servo plugs will now plug into any reciever....thanks.....pault
Old 11-06-2005, 09:37 PM
CP140

The +ve/-ve/signal wires are in a different sequence on the two types of receivers (see the picture in this link)

http://www.airtronics.net/picture_shows_the_pin.htm

Also, the black servo connectors are a different shape than the blue servo connectors... the black ones have 3 little ridges on one side of them.