Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

AM/Fm, Synthesized, So many choices, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 07:45 PM
psrumors
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AM/Fm, Synthesized, So many choices, HELP

I have been around RC for several years now but have not invested in a good radio. I always used cheap or stock radios (which are generally cheap). This will be for ground only and used with my Revo. It needs to be 3 channels and beyond that nothing I can think of. I do have several questions though.

Is there a radio out that will do AM and FM?

I think I want synthesized, are there reason not? I have my Revo but would also like to run my kids e-maxx, evader and Stampede. That's why I would like one capable of AM and FM.

I know FM has more range, are there other benifits?

It needs to be able to have multiple cars.

What else should I be asking? Any suggestions on a radio?
Old 01-24-2006, 04:34 PM
kiloas

Default RE: AM/Fm, Synthesized, So many choices, HELP

I got the XS3 from JR. FM synthesized, rate selection, etc. I got it for use as one good controller for multiple vehicles, my Revo, Ntc3, and Rs4 SS. I have it in my TC3 now and enjoy it aalot. has many features I am learning to use. I have yet to put it in the revo ($50 for another reciever) yet tho. But it does support the third channel for changing the reverse. Which for me is useless now since i have installed the FOC. The biggest benefit i have seen is when i go to a track/race I never have frequency issues. If its being used 10seconds with a screwdriver and im on a whole new frequency.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Infinite Gundam

Default RE: AM/Fm, Synthesized, So many choices, HELP

Futaba's 3PK can do AM and FM with the respective AM and FM transmitter modules, these modules are available in synthesized versions, but the receivers (PCM or HRS) still use crystals, that's the only downside.