RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics crystals

Old 11-07-2005, 07:53 PM
bdtracing

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Airtronics crystals

I recently bought a airtronics VG6DR. I also have a VG 400. I was wanting to use my new radio for all my planes but as I went to pull the crystal like I do all the time with my VG 400, it appears that it doesn't have a removable crystal. I don't understand why. But after doing a little research I have found that it is kinda illegal to change the crystals in your radio. But then why can I do it so easily with my VG 400. All I want to do is make this radio match the other one on channel 16. It is on ch 40 right now and a friend of my flys 40 all the time. So I guess that if i cant change the channel in this radio i will just have to not use it. []
Old 11-07-2005, 07:57 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Airtronics crystals

Send it to Airtronics or any one of many private radio repair outfits. They can change the channel and align the transmitter.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Airtronics crystals

ORIGINAL: bdtracing

I recently bought a airtronics VG6DR. I also have a VG 400. I was wanting to use my new radio for all my planes but as I went to pull the crystal like I do all the time with my VG 400, it appears that it doesn't have a removable crystal. I don't understand why. But after doing a little research I have found that it is kinda illegal to change the crystals in your radio. But then why can I do it so easily with my VG 400. All I want to do is make this radio match the other one on channel 16. It is on ch 40 right now and a friend of my flys 40 all the time. So I guess that if i cant change the channel in this radio i will just have to not use it. []
I have old Airtronics radios, and the 4-channels are AM, while the 6-channels are FM.
If I was going to fly a plane with the other radio, I'd have to change the receiver. After that, it would be a piece of cake to switch crystals in the receiver so I could fly with that radio.

Are your radios both FM? If so, why not just buy a new crystal for the receiver, to match the radio?

Good luck,
Dave Olson