Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

6exa futaba transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 05:30 PM
CRAZYRYAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6exa futaba transmitter

i have this transmitter and have the original battery im worried about cell memory since i haven't flown for about 8 months ago is it time for it to be replaced? or can i drain it all and recharge it? it is a 4.8 600 or so mah battery i believe thanks
Old 11-03-2005, 11:56 PM
goatboy

Default RE: 6exa futaba transmitter

How old was the battery before you put it away? If you have a cycler try discharging and charging it 3 or 4 times and check its capacity on each cycle. I have the same transmitter and have been useing the same battery for over a year now. But when in doubt replace it. Its cheaper than a new plane.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:59 PM
iaclmac

In answer to your question... a cycler is probably the answer to your question. However, a metal-hydride battery is a better long term answer as those do not built up a memory like the old ni-cads.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:06 PM
redfox435cat

A cycler is the only definitive answer to this. I've had batterys last 5 yrs of normal use other lasted 6 months. The only way to say is to put it on a cycler and have it calculate the acual capacity of the battery. If you just don't want to buy one then get a new battery and as said before go fore a NiMh. Those battery work very well in low load situations like Tx and Rx with just servos