Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex Pico interference

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 11:34 AM
lekkaut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Pico interference

Hi,

I'm flying for almost a year now. I've build a Sig Fourstar and I've tried to fly with it 2 times now. But when I het in the air and the plane flies about 150 meter from me, it loses the signal.
Luckily after a few seconds it picked up the signal again and I could land it again. This happened twice!

I went to the store and was told that some Multiplex radio's have a flaw. The flaw causes a bad signal. And maybe because the antenna on my new plane is at the bottom I habe problems with it and not with my old plane.

Is this true about the multiplex radio's?
Old 06-11-2002, 01:48 AM
lekkaut

Default here we go

Well I don't think the shop wanted to sell me a new radio because I was there to buy a new receiver because I thought that was the problem. The owner of the shop told me that he could fix the transmitter for 18 dollars. He said that there were only a few multiplex transmitters that has got that flaw and he would have fixed it for free if the transmitter came from his store.

Yes it has the same radio, servo's, receiver and batteries. The only difference is the way I routed the aerial. On my old model, the aerial was routed at the top of the plane to the rudder fin.
That wasn't possible with my new lowwing so I routed it next to the servo's trough a bit of silicone fuel line
trough the bottom of the plane. I've seen other fourstars that habe routed the aerial this was. The aerial isn't broken. I've checked it throughly and I used a ohm meter to measure it's resistance and it was allmost zero.

That's the annoying thing. I've done range checks and everything seemed fine. Even when the motor is running. I think it was about 150 on the ground with the antenna not pulled out of my transmitter so I guess that would be enough.

My batteries are good, I've checked them several times. I bought some new receiver batteries just in case but that isn't the cause of the interference.

Yes you are absolutly right about the transmitter aerial. IF I didn't do that, my new plane would be lost!

(ouch writers cramp...)
Old 06-11-2002, 05:20 AM
lekkaut

Default Multiplex Pico interference

I wish I remembered what it was, but i don't. He said that there was something wrong with the main transmitting module and he would fixed that, but when I came to collect my transmitter again, somebody else helped me in the store and he didn't know much about it. I got some kind of a paper which describes what had been fixed. It said that everything was checked and the HF (I don't know if this is a english abrivation) was tuned.

The plane just stops receiving the signal. It doesn't do anything, no weird movements. Luckily because otherwise I think it would have crashed already.

I don't have long cables so that can't be the problem. Somebody at the field offered me to use his transmitter. I didn't accepted his offer because first I wanted to take a good look at everything at home. Next time I could use another radio and I will know of the problem is my transmitter or receiver but when it's my receiver it's a bad way to find out...
Old 06-11-2002, 09:43 AM
lekkaut

Default receiver

I am using a Multiplex Micro IPD 7 channel receiver
Old 06-11-2002, 10:13 AM
lekkaut

Default AhB!

well I bought it second-hand from somebody I think who never used it because it was brand new.

I never programmed it, could this be a problem?
Old 06-13-2002, 04:38 AM
lekkaut

Default thanks for your help!

Well the store checked the signal of my transmitter and it was good so that can't be the problem. O have a gass powerd engine and there aren't any metal pieces moving so that is out of the question.

I will place my aerial in another way, I don't think that's the problem but I can allways try.

The only thing common was the distance my plane was. I think about a 100 meters far.

Next time when I am at the field I will do some proper range checks. I will test the plane at a greater distance and do as you told me.

And I will programm my IDP to lower the gass when the plane doesn't respond anymore. I guess that will be much safer .

My tranmitter aerial is fine. I've measured it through and checked everything and it's ok.

Did you know that interference sucks?? haha
Old 06-13-2002, 10:23 AM
lekkaut

Default thanks

it's a methanol engine, so that couldnt be the problem.

Before I forget, ik really appriciate your help, you gave me a lot of informatie