RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

? specifications on Airtronics servos ?

Old 11-13-2005, 11:43 AM
da Rock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ? specifications on Airtronics servos ?

I've got a small pile of Airtronics servos that're left from back when I quit R/C (when the tx/rx's were all made illegal). I quit back then and didn't even read my Model Avations (kept the AMA membership alive since it's about 40 years old now) until a few months ago.

Well, I've just purchased the tools and parts to rewire them puppies with new connectors. Heck, it's going to take me a BUNCH of a/c to use up all those servos, but there is a problem.

I can't remember any specifications for any of them. About all I'd like to know is the torque rating and speed. Obviously, I can weigh them and measure to fit, but it'd be nice to know how much power and how fast they are. I've done Google searches for a few days now and come up empty. So....

Does anyone have any specs for Airtronics servos that're about 20 years old or know where that info can be had? They're all "new in the box" (except the boxes are gone).

thanks for any info.....

(BTW, I've rewired a few already and darned if those didn't seem to run with more power and just as fast as the few Futaba and JR servos I got with the two radio sets I've bought. These things really are worth having.)
Old 11-13-2005, 12:14 PM
CP140

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: ? specifications on Airtronics servos ?

Can't be too much help to you I'm afraid. Two suggestions for you though... you could try the Airtronics website... there's a list of servos and their specs..... of course, the fact your servos are so old may make that a waste of time. The other suggestion would be to email Airtronics tech support.

Old 11-13-2005, 03:29 PM
da Rock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the suggestions but I've already done both and am waiting on the email response.

As you suspected, their website's servo specs is only for today's servos. I really didn't expect them to have the old details available, but looked there first thing. And then shot off an email. And truth is, I really wouldn't hold it against them if they no longer have the info, but expect they should.

Thanks again. I'd posted this on the hope there was an old r/c'er like me who was smarter and had kept the spec sheets. I guess I ought to dig into my magazine stacks from years ago.... ugh.....
Old 11-14-2005, 05:49 AM
da Rock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey, I solved my own problem.

I went to my stacks of old magazines and discovered a Tower Hobbies catalogue on the top of one of the stacks. It was 1987 and had the specs for all but the 94394.

Funny, but about the only thing those old boys lose out on in a comparison to the servos of today is a slight difference in weight. I'm looking forward to using them. They seem to me to be a "free gift" in spite of the fact that they represent a major loss of all those tx/rx's that were made "illegal".
Old 11-18-2005, 12:49 PM
captinjohn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have 2 servos that say...ARISTO Elite 1 ARI -03-400. Are they the same as Airtronics...or ??? They say 2 Ball bearing and seem to work nice. Who made them...any specs on them? Thanks Capt,n[:-]