Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

need Futaba 9 advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 04:06 AM
Twawsi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need Futaba 9 advice

Hello,

I am in afghanistan right now and that makes it difficult to search certain web pages(namely Futaba). I am looking at buying a Futaba "9" series and would like some advice. I mainly fly fixed wing but recently have ventured into Heli's. Can you please rank from best to worst, which "9" series would be the best for me. I have see some on _bay and never heard of those models before so instead of buying and hoping I did good, I'm turnign to the RC community to help out. Thanks
Old 11-14-2005, 09:16 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: need Futaba 9 advice

9C has a couple versions. 9CH is heli with the switches configured for ease of heli use, no throttle ratchet and if you get it as a factory package the H has a bigger reciever battery and better servos.

The 9CA is the aircraft version, has a ratcheted throttle stick and is ok for heli use but not ideal. They both have the same software.

The P or F as in 9CHF or 9CHP refers to FM or PCM and is applicable only if you purchase the whole set and indicates which reciever it comes with, either pcm or fm (ppm) and the default modulation type for a new model although either version will transmit ppm or pcm and it can be configured in the properties for each model so if you have both ppm (fm) and pcm recievers that setting is model specific.

The "super" is another way of saying 9CH version 2, its got newer software with more options for mixing and such, Futaba took feedback from the original 9C version and made it better, its also got more model memory.

So to answer your question in order
9CHP Super
9CHF Super
9CAP Super
9CAF Super
9CHP
9CHF
9CAP
9CAF
Old 11-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Twawsi
My Feedback: (1)

Wow, thanks. I am temped to try the H version, but being as how I fly mostly fixed wing and I'm use to that and I learned Heli on a Aircraft radio, I think I'll go with the A version. If I was back stateside where I could feel the difference, maybe would. I really appreciate your reply. Thanks
Old 11-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

If you are going to fly helicopters, then get the "H" version.
Only get the "A" version if you are going to fly airplanes only.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

The smooth throttle action is fine for airplane flying and if you do any kind of 3d or hovering with your airplanes it will make it even easier.

Just picture your throttle stick without the click click click. I fly several airplanes a 2 meter glider and several helicopters on a 9CHPSuper.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:24 PM
smokingcrater

don't worry about it too much, they are all nearly identical. the only differences are default programming mode and the location of a couple switches. any of them will fly heli's or planes equally well.