Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Did you happen to see the most beautiful... r/c car radio in the world?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Did you happen to see the most beautiful... r/c car radio in the world?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 08:11 AM
amoeba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you happen to see the most beautiful... r/c car radio in the world?

OK guys. Here is the simple task: how to choose the best radio among these?
1. Futaba 3PK
2. Ko Propo Helios EX-10 (JR Z-1)
3. Airtronics M11 (Sanwa M11)
Oh. Btw. Criteria:
1. Must be the top model in the respective manufacturer's product line
2. Can be used with Spektrum DSM modules
3. Can be used with AM Mini-Z modules

Here is my thoughts:
Futaba 3PK. Pros: Reliable, solid, attractive. Well... for me it's like AK74 [8D]. Cons: lack of ergonomics - wheel can't be tilted. Slightly overpriced. Old.
Ko Propo Helios EX-10 (JR Z-1). Pros: Exellent ergonomics, PC interface. Cons: Ugliest design ever. Mini-Z module is not compatible with Kyosho's AM band therefore you have to replace on-board electronics on the Mini-Z car itself. Wheel adapter and PC interface with software are sold seperately.
Airtronics M11 (Sanwa M11). Pros: Largest display on the market. One extra channel. Cons: Largest display means largest dimensions. Wheel can't be tilted too.

Well. You may say that I forgot to mention Futaba's HRS and stuff, but I don't plan to you HRS, PCM, FM or whatsoever (see criteria).

So what do you guys think? What's your favorite?