Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help on parts or anything for this old radio???

Old 11-13-2005, 10:55 PM
flyierjon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on parts or anything for this old radio???

Hi I have this world engines Expert radio 7 ch FM on channel 40... im looking for any kind of info on it and possibly any one knowing where i can get parts for it. parts example would be: onboard battery, switch, tx battery pack, and servo extentions and a charger for everything... it has really weird connectors that i have never seen untill i got this radio. the connectors are white and i have no idea on what they are called. I have the TX, RX, and four servos and it would be a shame to let this nice looking radio to go to waste...
Thanks for any help
Jon
pics are included here
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14614.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	354004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94928.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	354005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65129.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	354006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz73483.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	354007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx24509.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	354008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eu22241.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	354009  
Old 11-13-2005, 11:14 PM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Help on parts or anything for this old radio???

Call Maxx products and ask for Jarvis. Here is his web site http://www.maxxprod.com I think he is located up by you. He has connectors and transmitter batteries for that radio. If I remember right it uses a 9 cell transmitter battery. It was made for Indy by HiTec. I've worked on many of them. It's a good sport radio.

Pete
Old 11-13-2005, 11:19 PM
flyierjon

ok thank you, i have taken the radio into jarvis before about a year ago and he could not help me. He didnt even know what kind of connector it has. any other ideas or do you know anything about this yourself?
thanks pete!
Old 11-13-2005, 11:43 PM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know I have bought the connectors and batteries for this radio from him. Tell him you are looking for the old molex connector. He used to handle them. I don't know if I have any of the old connectors in my shop. Aristocraft sold the same radio called a Challenger 720 that used the same connector and battery.

Pete
Old 11-13-2005, 11:46 PM
flyierjon

if you have anything that would work for this radio i would buy it off your hands if you need to get rid of it.... i will call maxx products up again and talk to jarvis and see what he has...
thanks again pete
Old 11-14-2005, 04:12 AM
WALKERS210-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't say for sure but you could try Radio South in Fl. WWW.RADIOSOUTHRC.COM
Old 11-14-2005, 06:08 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as we're talking about old radios, a question springs to mind.

It seems that when we went to the "new" frequencies awhile back, the laws that governed our permission to use any frequencies at all specified that we were not going to be allowed to use a tx unless it was already a very narrow band (compared to the old) transmitter and that none of the rx's were going to be good enough.

The point back then was that unless the majority of the transmitters were capable of being rebuilt to new, very tight specs, that they were going to become "illegal". So what's up with all these guys using old tx's and no mention of "legality"???????

It seems to me that the "legal" question isn't quite as important (since I'm not exactly a fan of gummit or their regulations) as the point that the old radios, even if they were capable of running a new frequency, would be so dirty in our new environment that they'd be shooting down everybody within their range????

Was all that "legal" talk back then just a joke?
Old 11-14-2005, 09:48 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: darock
Was all that "legal" talk back then just a joke?

No darock it was not just talk or a joke in any way. Many Tx.s prior to the final deadline in 1991 did meet the the specs of the new narrow band channels, However many more did not and that is what the gold sticker program was all about by agreement of the RCMA (radio control manufacturers association), AMA and the FCC. At the time you could have your Tx "Gold Stickered" if yous happened to meet the new specs at many major model shows or meets where the Tx was actually tested with the appropriate equipment. FCC was only concerned with Tx's of course Since they are only concerned with signal radiators. Many Rx's did not meet the narrow specs and could not be narrowbanded. The recomended procedure at the time was to simply replace the Rx with narrowband types to use with your checked Tx that was checked and tweaked that meet the specs. This was indicated on the Tx by that gold RCMA/AMA sticker as evidence the Tx (not neccessarily the Rx) was 'Legal' to use per FCC specs. Agine the FCC was not concerned with the Rx's. When talking legality we are talking about anything contrary to FCC regulations in this regard and not neccessarily AMA rules although using equipment that did not meet FCC Regulation would certainly negate any AMA insurance from any incident.

Notice flierjon included a photo of the RCMA/AMA gold sticker dated some time in 88 and this indicates the Tx was tested and meet the standards so it is legal to use. Not a perfect system but the best that could be done involving a very complicated changeover over a number of years. All Tx's sold after 91 had to be narrow band in the US so new units for some years also included the gold sticker. By the original RCMA, AMA, FCC agreement I think the cutoff date for the gold sticker program terminated in 1998 and this is why no manufacturer will still do it, however some independant facilitys continued to do it long after and this was not a problem but its debateable if any still do. I may have made a minor mistake or two in this chronology but it is the meat of the situation and the program was not a joke it was a very neccessary method of changeover to realize all the additional channels we now enjoy.

John

Team Geriactric

Old 11-15-2005, 02:17 AM
flyierjon

yes my gold sticker on this radio is dated 9/88 so it is fully legal. I just need to know where i can find parts and what not for it...