Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Digital servo recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 08:37 PM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital servo recommendation

I bought a Dream 110 pattern plane and want to outfit it with digital servos. Since all my equipment is futaba, I was looking at their line of digital servos. It looks like the all purpose 9252 series would be sufficient. What about some of the low profile wing servos? And would the 9252 provide enough torque for the rudder? I thinl they are rated at 92 oz using a 4.8V pack. I'd consider the 3004 series, since that is what I have in most of my planes, but being a pattern plane and the fact I may compete one day, it seems like the digis are more appropriate. But darn, they are so $$$$[]
Old 11-16-2005, 10:51 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Digital servo recommendation

If you are going to compete, you will find digitals will help. Take a look at Futabas 3xxx digitals. Since they use non coreless motors they are much cheaper than the 9xxx series. And they are almost as good but maybe not quite as powerful.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:36 PM
RightThrust
My Feedback: (4)

I'd take an analog coreless over a digital cored any day. The 9252's are great servos, I have them in my Raptor 50 heli. I'd recommend the 9151 digital for the rudder on your pattern plane and maybe 9252's if you can fit them on everything else.

-Kelly Gerber
Old 11-18-2005, 12:52 PM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

I'd take an analog coreless over a digital cored any day. The 9252's are great servos, I have them in my Raptor 50 heli. I'd recommend the 9151 digital for the rudder on your pattern plane and maybe 9252's if you can fit them on everything else.

-Kelly Gerber
So are you saying the 9252's are analog? I was just wondering what you meant.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:07 PM
RightThrust
My Feedback: (4)

I'm not saying the 9252's are analog, they're digital. I was just saying that I would take coreless analog's over cored digitals. I have run 9206's alot, which are coreless analogs, and they're awesome. I've flown some cored digital hitec's in my friends plane and wouldn't give $.02 for them.

-Kelly
Old 12-29-2005, 09:01 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

The 9206 is a strong servo but the 3050 will beat it out up to where it max's out at 60 oz-in. It will give you a tighter control. That is what you want for pattern. And they cost a lot less.