Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Modding?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 04:05 AM
NightHawk871

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Modding?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew how to modify a servo so that it has no endpoints. I need it to keep rotating until I let go of the stick. Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:58 AM
Edge 540

Default RE: Servo Modding?

1 Disengage the potentiometer from the output shaft. This is the round thing with 3 wires under the circuit board.
2 Remove the physical stop on the output shaft (last gear). Most servos have a little molded piece that sticks out. This hits a stationary point inside and prevents it from moving any further. This needs to be removed with a razor or dremel. Some servos have a screw that can be taken out.
3 Connect the servo to a receiver and turn on your radio. Center all trim on the radio and see which way the servo is spinning. Fiddle with the potentiometer until the output shaft is not moving. It is very sensitive. Now, take a little hot glue and put a dab on the pot. This will hold it steady, and can be removed later if you change your mind.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:05 PM
NightHawk871

Default RE: Servo Modding?

Sweet, thx Ultra Stick

I took apart the servo and removed the physical stop. What exactly must I do to the petentiometer? Do I have to un-solder it, and then take it apart? I'm really confused.