Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What radio should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Loswave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What radio should I get?

I have a small bit of a dilemma deciding on what radio to get. I'm getting a Flatout Flatana (if you have an opinion about that plane let me know), and need a good radio. My problem is that I want to get a radio that I can use with both planes and helis, and perhaps not just park flyers, maybe sport nitros. So, basically I'm looking for a good all-around controller, I know the main things I will need are elevon mixing, for certain other planes I'm looking at, and for Helis I will most certainly need support for CCPM. I'm looking to spend about $200, I like some of the 6 channel JR radios, but they are a bit to expensive for my tastes. That was the other thing, I'd like at least 6-channels, it's not necessary, but it would be nice. I figured someone on here would have a good idea for a radio I should buy. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:00 AM
mackeyjones

Default RE: What radio should I get?

Try the Hitec series radios they are a bit cheaper than JR but they have good features
Old 11-22-2005, 02:04 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Loswave I use the JR 6102 radio and its great. 6 channel and plane/heli ready, easy to setup, ppm/pcm. I use this on my custom stryker with elevon mixing and dual rates. I wouldn't trade it for nothing. But with that said it's all in your own experience with a brand or a preffered brand. Just thought I'd let you know this fits the bill for what your looking for and I, myself love this radio.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Loswave

Thanks for the opinion, I got a chance to stop at my LHS today, and they said I should get a Futaba 7CAP, which is $300, of course. I will look into the Hitec radios, and that specific JR, I can't wait to get my plane!